Photometric Color Calibration - Cannot download the online star catalog

Thx. Probably need to add it to the deb package.

Installing gvfs-backends has sorted it.

Great. This fixes it.

Tx.

After upgrading to ubuntu 21.04 got platesolving broken again:

04:07:06: Error loading url: http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/asu-tsv?-source=I/317&-out.meta=-h-u-D&-out.add=_r&-sort=_r&-out=%20RAJ2000%20DEJ2000%20Jmag%20Hmag&-out.max=200000&-c=0.000000+0.000000&-c.rm=25.9&Jmag=<14.89: Error while getting peer-to-peer dbus connection: Could not connect: No such file or directory
04:07:08: Error loading url: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/cgi-bin/nph-sesame/-oI/A?M5: Error while getting peer-to-peer dbus connection: Could not connect: No such file or directory

Any thoughts?

And again AppImage version works, flatpack version fails.

Strange because this time I added the missing package. My only change in the deb building process:

Package: siril
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends},
         ${shlibs:Depends},
         siril-common (= ${source:Version}),
         librsvg2-2,
         gvfs-backends

And in the flatpack we already have:

/* Needed for gvfs to work */
        "--talk-name=org.gtk.vfs", "--talk-name=org.gtk.vfs.*"

Everything is ok with gvfs-backends, it’s another issue.

The problem with gvfs-backends produced error:
The specified location is not supported

But the new one is:
Error while getting peer-to-peer dbus connection: Could not connect: No such file or directory

OK but nothing else has changed in siril :confused:

I’m not blaming Siril)
I just warn those who want to switch to ubuntu on 21.04 that they will have to put up with the inconveniences until we figure out what the problem is.

Another working solution for ubuntu 21.04 is to use version from ppa:lock042/siril

Oh. Because you were using other package?
I’m only the maintainer of the ppa package. So you could report the bug tu Ubuntu.

No sure if this is the right place.

When using Siril-1.0.0-rc2-x86_64.AppImag and the Photometric Color Calibration it says (again) “No catalog Cannot download the online star catalog”.

Yet in the tmp the files are there:

lorentz:/home/levigan/Serie_2/process$ ls -l /tmp/.mount_Siril-8Dt3eC/usr/share/siril/catalogue/
total 786
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 218975 Dec 8 12:06 ic.txt
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 79842 Dec 8 12:06 ldn.txt
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 5463 Dec 8 12:06 messier.txt
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 346195 Dec 8 12:06 ngc.txt
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 12510 Dec 8 12:06 sh2.txt
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 143305 Dec 8 12:06 stars.txt

It looks like the appimage does not see these files. Moreover they are owned by root. Of course a user is not allowed to download files in to a folder owned by root.

These files are used for annotation, not photometric calibration.
If you cannot download online catalog this is a problem of network in general.

Thank you. However, I have no issues with my network. All works fine.

Oh just noted:

Successfully loaded ‘/tmp/.mount_Siril-cNj5cg/usr/share/siril/siril.css’
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: undefined symbol: g_date_time_format_iso8601
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
Successfully loaded ‘/tmp/.mount_Siril-cNj5cg/usr/share/siril/siril3.glade’
log: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to ‘/home/levigan/Serie_2/process’
fetch_url(): https://siril.org/siril_versions.json
initializing CURL
scripts: Error opening directory “/tmp/.mount_Siril-Px9rTr/usr/share/siril/scripts”: No such file or directory
scripts: Error opening directory “/home/user/.siril/scripts”: No such file or directory
scripts: Error opening directory “/home/user/siril/scripts”: No such file or directory

Note the scripts tmp folder location is different to the first location. And libgvfsdbus.so failed to load (running on a Ubuntu 20.04 LTS system).

Solved, well more of a workaround, the /usr/share/siril/ issues by creating a directory in my home: ~/.siril/

Copied the contents of /tmp/.mount_Siril-???/usr/share/siril/ into it.

Oh well done. Thx

Here we go again. Can’t get photometric calibration to work. Using a Mac OS 12.5, I get the error ‘Catalog not found’. It has worked previously. I have full connection to the internet without any other issues with other programs. I have reinstalled Siril 1.0.3 and this has still not remedied the situation. Next steps?

To be honest, on macOS I have no clue.
It uses curl, it should work out of the box.

@rbarbera

Thanks for your very quick reply. Just installed Windows 64 bit Siril in a Parallels Virtual machine on my Mac. Same issue with catalogs with a different operating system. Do you think that I am somehow blocking them with a firewall or something else?

Oh yes. This is possible indeed.