Photometric Color Calibration white

Hi,
I just installed Siril 1.2.1 I was doing a Photometric Color Calibration in the reference frame which I open the file from the process folder then the tool, I put the setting required of Ra and Dec. - Apply-Close. When I click ‘save’ the reference frame turn white.
If I pick up the frame again from the folder process, it showed as a normal frame.
If I call the reference frame from the sequence, in this case, bkg_cropped_r_pp_light_00031.fit is showed a white frame. The frames after and before are showed normal but not the one that is applied the Photometric Color Calibration (in any modality linear or autostrech)
Any idea what is happening here? I redo the process two times already deleting the sequence and the files asocciated and get the same situation.

I will continue to process the files without the color calibration, but would be good any help in this.
Thanks in advance
Nicla

Hello, what you are describing looks like you are displaying images with fixed settings and since this one doesn’t have the same level, it comes out all white. Switch to auto-stretch.

Hi Virvin thank you very much for the suggestion but as I comment before also looking the image color photocalibrated in autostrech or linear after the save continue be white.
Strange is that if the frame photocalibrated is open from ‘Open’ looks normal.
If I open the frame photocalibrated from the sequence is ‘white’ in autostrech or linear.

Seems also I’m not alone having this situation. From the last excellent vide of Chris (Siril 1.2 Comet Stacking Tutorial No Python Required!) one of the last comments a person have the same identical issue ( @FabioPegli )

Sound to me like some bug in the sequence visualization.

I found other strange behavior in the starless comet stack (the frames that came out are super smooth really a dream come true!),
Seems the starless comet do not retain the original registration of the frame normal stack ‘stars’ so the starless comets do not follow a linear path, but instead going up and down as you see in a usual pp_light sequence (before the registration as global star alignment).
I realize that because when I saw the starless comet sequence of the frames, the comet was not moving linear but up and down -worst if you are dittering-)

So when to come to stack the starless comet seems this introduce a problem and is not stacked in the reference frame chosed but ‘around’ .

I will try to do the Chris workflow but using instead the pp_lights, the r_pp_light to see if this work

Regards
Nicla

Because you need to export first the sequence with registration data and then, apply the starless.

Hi lock,

? I’m using the last version of Siril, StarNet is integrated, and no need to export as used before, but indeed I think the sequence to use (frames) should be those from registration data. I will try it and let you know.

Using the latest version with StarNet doesn’t mean you don’t need to export. But I’m not sure I understand how you process the data.

Without more information, it is difficult to say. Does your sequence is in 8bit? 16bit or 32bit for example.

Hi Lock
the files are raw Siril files .fit and 32bit linear I guess where the color photometric calibration issue arise giving a white frame after click Save in the frame that was use for do the color calibration.

What about the visualization sliders ?

Hi Lock,
I follow the steps showed in the Chris video for comet stacking.

For work project which target is a comet, you do not need anymore export the files. That step is executed inside Siril and Siril generate a secuence of that action.

I did a test taking the sequence r_pp_light_00001.seq and NOT from pp_light_00001.seq as suggested in the video and all went perfect.

Workflow:

r_pp_light_00001.seq set reference frame
From there I apply crop, background extraction having a bkg_cropped_r_pp_light.seq

Then went to Image Processing - StarProcessing

Mark Pre-Stretch linear image
Generate Star Mask
Apply to sequence

Take starless_bkg_cropped_r_pp_light_.seq go to Registration

Change to Comet/Asteroid Registration
Choose first file sequence
Pick object in 1
Choose last file sequence
Pick object in 2

Click Go Register

Go to Stacking Tab, Pixel rejection change to a MAD clipping and 1 in Sigma low and high

In ‘Save in’ write Comet_Stack

Click Stack obtain the Comet_stack.fit

For Star Stacking
Take the starmask_bkg_cropped_r_pp_light_.seq
Check the same reference frame as in Comet stack

In registration change to Global Star Alignment click Go Register
new sequence r_starmask_bkg_cropped_r_pp_light_.seq

Go to Stacking tab
Change to Winsorized 3 Sigma Min-Max
In ‘Save in’ write Stars_Stack

In Image Process - Star Processing - click Star Recomposition

Inside folder process call the Comet_stack.fit file in the left side
Inside folder process call the Stars_stacked.fit file in the right side

Stretch as you like and Save after the file.

I’m sorry, but I’m not familiar with all third-party videos. The official tutorial for comet is here: Siril - Working with Comets

However, I need to know how are set your visualization sliders. That could be the root of your issue.

If I call the frame that was apply the photometric from ‘Open’ its look normal

If I call the frame from the .seq is showed white.

All the other frames before and after that one showed normal, is only the one that was apply the color photometric is showed white, in the .sep

This is why I ask you this. Please.

Can you explain me better I really do not understand what you meant for ‘how are set your visualization sliders’

Anyway I went to the Working with Comets

I did exaclty what it is wrote there on regard the photometric calibration

" On our example, we have chosen bkg_pp_light_00010.fit. You can do this through the UI (Open button) or by typing load bkg_pp_light_00010.fit in the command line.

Open the Image Processing Menu, then Color Calibration and Photometric Color Calibration. Fill-in the required information and solve. Once solved, do not forget to save the changes, either through the UI (Save button) or by typing save bkg_pp_light_00010.fit in the command line. This will overwrite the existing image, which is what we want."

By the way the workflow there is obsolete for the last version of Siril.