Pixelitor 4.30 an open source image editor with non-destructive filters

Pixelitor 4.30 is a high quality open source image editor with 115 filters + experimental support for non-destructive smart objects, gradient fills, vector layers, shared layers.

In this thread we can discuss Pixelitor and its meta.

3 Likes

Did you post this to r/linux with mentioning of non-destructive filters in its title? I believe they will like to know this.

I posted this around a year ago to let people know about non-destructive image editing in open source software. and maybe we can revive this thread to give ideas on how Gimp can get non-destructive editing.

1 Like

Lots of people say that Gimp should be used with Krita to take advantage of Krita’s non-destructive filters. Well I practically do the same thing except I use Pixelitor instead of Krita for non-destructive editing. I have been doing this for over a year and with great success. Pixelitor is highly non-destructive.

The reason is that Krita is more known than Pixelator, and has more tools inside it than Pixelator, and also have access to G’MIC. And Krita is actually more flexible than Photoshop though slower from the layer system standpoint.

Pixelitor has way more filters then Krita and these filters do all sorts of fun things. But fair