[Play Raw] Harley Davidson (of a beach)

Here’s a photo I like quite a lot. It was taken on Sint Maarten Island, in Philipsburg. I was strolling along the beach front, a saw that beautiful motorcycle parked in the sunset light.

Processed in Rawtherapee 5.6, using a custom Fujifilm Velvia HaldCLUT, then further processed in Gimp using 2 G’MIC filters (Illustrative Look + Freaky details, both tweaked) blended to taste:

Here’s the raw (CC BY-NC-SA license) + pp3:
DSCF2716.RAF (31.9 MB)
DSCF2716.RAF.pp3 (11.4 KB)

19 Likes

Maybe I’m a bit bold showing an alternative to your great processing, but it’s been fun editing this picture :smiley:

RT 5.6: DSCF2716.png.out.pp3 (11.2 KB)

And Gimp 2.10 to add the b&w grainy look

5 Likes

DSCF2716.RAF.xmp (7.1 KB) DSCF2716_01.RAF.xmp (7.9 KB)

3 Likes

Nice image @sguyader. Here is an attempt to use pastel shades. GIMP 2.10.10 with RT5.6 as the raw developer. I specifically tried to get the matte finish on the fuel tank and the helmet.

3 Likes

DSCF2716.RAF.xmp (12.9 KB)

8 Likes

Love this rendition, @Thomas_Do!

:blush: I’m honored!

DSCF2716.RAF_billznn.xmp (6.4 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks for your contributions.
I think the hardest part is to avoid the halos around the front wheel and the handle bar.
It’s more noticeable in our contributions when you look at a small sized screen.

Am testing a new filter on the work. Has issues like speed being a big issue.

Yes, they’re gears.

2 Likes

Color enhanced with multiple tools in RawTherapee 5.6-dev

DSCF2716.RAF.pp3 (11.1 KB)

6 Likes

15 Likes

Working on a new filter

9 Likes

RT 5.6

DSCF2716.jpg.out.pp3 (11,9 KB)

Beautiful shot !
To ruin it I baked the instagram version :wink:

3 Likes

True.
In my case, I decided to actually add some intentional “dreamy haloing” by using “haze removal” with negative strength value, so effectively introducing some edge-related haze.

1 Like

Decided to give a new test to my filter. I ended up using apply_parallel

1 Like

@Reptorian Love the gear one (thematic), though your second one contains more detail.

@HIRAM

:stuck_out_tongue:

Should the bar codes be on the front side?

DSCF2716.RAF.xmp (10.6 KB)
That square crop would suit for Instagram

5 Likes

I was waiting for that question.

Somehow inspired from that b&w filter above. Thought about increasing contours with the equalizer and applying a tone curve on the L channel.

DSCF2716_01.RAF.xmp (9.0 KB)

4 Likes