The start was a very nice photograph. The bird sharp and separated from the background, just two tiny overexposed areas on it.
Summary of the edits I made:
- I made the white balance much warmer, the original from the camera was too cold for my taste
- Some denoising (profile), but with focus on the bigger areas to denoise the background.
- Increased contrast on the bird’s neck and tail to bring out some details there
- Darkened the background a bit with filmic
- Highlights a little bit reduced
- Cutted out the borders to bring the bird more into the image’s focus
- The piece of wood in the background a bit darkened
- Highlighted the eye a bit
2018-07-20_10-23-51.10_DSC2161.NEF.xmp (20.1 KB)