[Play Raw] meanwhile in the forest...

The, lets call it original, haze removal tool you find in 5.8 stable added too much saturation. Too much or too little isn’t all that scientific, but there was no way to adjust this to your liking. There’s also a possible luminance issue with this version.

@heckflosse created and put forward this PR: Possible enhancement for haze removal #5972 and this one solves the above issues and is already merged into the development branch.

This was done about a year ago so all the pre-build 5.8 development versions floating around out there (Linux, OSX, Windows) have this new one.

2 Likes

Wow! nice, useful, awesome. Thanks @Jade_NL for the clear explanation, and @heckflosse for the change.

“Saturation level” might make it clearer possibly with a small tooltip??

2 Likes

Wow.

It’s not sharp, but I think that only makes it look nicer. Everything about this photo is perfect.

Experimental program 5400K saturation x1.65

1 Like

Hi I played a little with the RGB Colorbalance an parametric masks and get this result :slight_smile:

IMG_0779_01.CR2.xmp (18.2 KB)

3 Likes

My version… ( sigmoid ).

IMG_0779.CR2.xmp (18.9 KB)

9 Likes

Darktable 4.0.1. I have tried to make the view take you to the center of the image

IMG_0779.CR2.xmp (28,4 KB)

2 Likes

My take, DT 4.1

IMG_0779.CR2.xmp (12.4 KB)

I don’t think the posted xmp is the right one. The center area is overexposed. Did you intend to not use either filmic or sigmoid?

Strange. The xmp is the right one.
Yes, centre is just a bit overexposed
immagine

and I do use filmic
immagine

I’ve downloaded the xmp twice and applied it: