[Play Raw] Noctilucent clouds

Cannot resist to Blue Hour

ART

2 Likes

That’s an amazing image, thank you for sharing!
Here my interpretation of the scene (Darktable 3.5):

DSCF2925.RAF.xmp (10.6 KB)

2 Likes

An update: worked like a charm. Thanks. Just another bit of the learning curve when starting to compile instead of the taking the packaged version.

DSCF2925.jpg.out.pp3 (12.0 KB)

1 Like

and this was edited into the camera by the raw chose the profile of the fuji velvia, since the raw is from fuji. the white balance on the yellow lantern received a temperature of 2550 kelvin +10 towards magenta. then, having received a cold picture and knowing the temperature of incandescent lamps, I added 3200 Kelvin and got a temperature of 5750 Kelven +10 magenta. I lightened up to 2.5 exposure stops, the sky went into overexposure, I applied a gradient to the sky and made -2.5 in exposure. the result was an evenly exposed, relatively light shot.I think finding the correct white balance in this shot is difficult as there is nothing white in the field of view. So I went to the trick with an incandescent lamp to find the correct and ideal white balance on this composition.

RAWTHERAPEE 5.8 BETA VARIANT 2
DSCF2925.jpg.out.pp3 (14.7 KB)

Question to the photographer, did you see exactly such a white balance during shooting as in this photo?

Sorry for digging old thread. Just am trying to practice with some sample images.

DSCF2925.RAF.xmp (15.5 KB)

3 Likes

I wanted to reedit this great play raw wtih darktable 3.8 and the new workflow.
This version is much lighter and somewhat softer than my first edit 2.5 years ago. Not only the software changes but also the taste :wink:.

DSCF2925.RAF.xmp (20.9 KB)

3 Likes

Lovely image! Thanks for sharing. Here’s my take with DT 3.9dev.

DSCF2925.RAF.xmp (16.4 KB)

1 Like

Sorry for bumping this, but this is such a stunning image. It was a pleasure, editing this.
This is a sigmoid edit with the current weekly version (4.1.0+1165~gc0fa1b711).

DSCF2925.RAF.xmp (50.2 KB)

Thanks a lot for this play!

5 Likes

Beautiful image.
Thanks for sharing it.
My version…

DSCF2925_01.RAF.xmp (19.9 KB)

2 Likes

Very nice picture! I love this one!
Darktable 4.0.1

6 Likes