[Play Raw] Reds

Very interesting things going on with the hue and saturation in this image:

Interesting challenge! here’s my attempt (disclaimer: done on a crappy laptop screen – calibrated and profiled, but still crappy)

3 Likes

I’ll take a completely sideways look at the image here.

1 Like

@Joan_Rake1 I really like the first trippy image.

1 Like

IMG_1360_QP3MHiz.CR2.pp3 (13.1 KB)

2 Likes

Hi, my contribute

IMG_1360_gem.CR2.pp3 (12.4 KB)

IMG_1360_gem.tif (3.1 MB)

How, do I attach the image, for viewing?? I do not no more able to :neutral_face: I did sometime ago but now I do not how to …

Just use JPG.

Bingo, it was jpg not tiff. Thanks :smile:

1 Like

Something just happened it seems.

fun

Playing w/ @Joan_Rake1 modification of Spiral Matrix, and my own changes to it. Between the transforms, I smoothed the image.

5 Likes

IMG_1360_QP3MHiz.CR2.xmp (5,5 KB)

1 Like

I do think yellow and red together are closer to my expactations.
Filmic destroys all orange parts.

Filmulator on macOS:

(sorry I think the apple screenshot app makes it look dark)

And its output:

Link to the dmg:

Side note: @CarVac am I missing an icon? The parameter reset buttons seem to be [].

1 Like

No, Filmulator is missing icons entirely. I used [] in lieu of making an icon.

1 Like

IMG_1360_QP3MHiz.CR2.xmp (8.9 KB)

2 Likes

I don’t mind some orange getting through.
To me reconstructing the highlight by luminance recovery works best in this case.

IMG_1360_QP3MHiz.jpg.out.pp3 (11,9 KB)

daktable 2.7, tone equalizer, filmic, colour balance, local contrast, equalizer.

Possibly color constancy - Color constancy - Wikipedia

Your eyes may have adapted out some direct reflections of sunlight only visible with certain surface angles. A polarizer filter in the field might help to prevent the camera from recording this - reflections cut out by polarizers are one of those cases where no amount of postprocessing can compare with having the proper filter on the lens.

My edit. Reading the OP say that there appeared to be no oranges, I decided to mitigate the orange tint through lots of RT color regions processing, as well as channel mixing. I also tried to keep hitting full red 255 to be as smooth gentle as possible, to prevent a digital artifact color edge effect.

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.pp3 (11.8 KB)

3 Likes