[PlayRaw] 8 Mittened kitten

Hey guys
my contribution to the processing world {drums please} is an old photo of yet another cat, this one steamed for breakfast. With the d700 I’ld always shot UniWB… even got used to see them in green.
That’s it, enjoy&destroy :tiger:

:rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat:

Raw file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxtrjp4jb-YsZlZUYTg1QkloeEE/view?usp=sharing
https://pixls.us/files/playraw/chroma_ghost-_DSC5602.NEF.zip

1 Like

Done in RawTherapee with:

• Wavelet contrast & edge sharpening
  • Lab curve
  • Black-and-white: Desaturation
  • Vignette
  • RL Deconvolution sharpening

PP3 file (9.8 KB)

I demand you change the post title to “Mittened kitten” :wink:

Edit: Excellent.

1 Like

RT:
-Cropped
-Tone curve
-Desaturation
-DbC
-Sharpened
-Wavelet Contrast
-Exported two white balances, warm and cold

Gimp:
-Mixed the two white balances using luminosity masks
-some minor contrast and saturation tweeks on the layers

PS: Damn, I was about to post a playraw but you were faster :laughing:

1 Like

Here is essentially RT processing.
Kitten-1.jpg.out.pp3 (9.9 KB)

I say essentially RT because after exporting the JPG file from RT, I did nothing more in GIMP than to use the Levels tool (to make sure that the Histogram stretches fully and adjusted the Gamma a bit).
Q. Is there an equivalent way in RT to the levels tool of GIMP?

1 Like

Perhaps look at this thread.

@Jacal Thanks! I had a look. It was very illuminating :wink:

@paperdigits seems liket a cousin of Henri?

@McCap that’s a grungy little motherfuckitten!!

@shreedhar if judging by your name I’ld expect some torned pixels :rabbit: :deciduous_tree: alls good

Non-grungy with LightZone:

1 Like

I do not want to be very serious or anything like that, but pardon me, but I do not understand! :confounded: Is it some inside joke (like they do in Hollywood movies?!!)

@jacal like horny cats say (m)nice without ice! My processing was also done with LZ

@shreedhar ha ha ha no, no just a silly joke buddy. You see Shreedhar reminded me of “shredder”, that also happens to be the main villain in the TNT; so if Shredder (of the series) was to edit the kitten’s picture he would do some damage. That was my thought-dump-line; anyway it really doesn’t matter, important thing is there is no joking about you, just playing around, you know, fssshh, zzzaah… tack aka aka, cheers

PS
I like to imagine the world like in this very very funny series - Animals

Of course ! I just wanted to know how my name should imply destroying pixels!! In India, the “dh” part of my name is pronounced more like “th” part of “those”, not like the D in Donkey :grinning:. So there was no way I could have guessed your thought process. Now I know. :grinning:

I’ve edited your post to include a link to your file that I’ll host on our infrastructure (so if you want to delete it from your Google drive to save space, feel free). Now that I’m thinking about it, we should probably make sure to do this for all of these posts to prevent dead links.

1 Like

That’s a good idea :hatched_chick::tropical_drink:

Hope it was a nice light breakfast!
Here my version developed in darktable.
The martian-green kitten has some style, though. :wink:

_DSC5602.NEF.xmp (13.7 KB)

1 Like

Why should kittens always be cute. Don’t you see all the evil in that picture?

8 Likes

Thanks for the image to play with! I didn’t really like how the image was focused on the hand rather than on the kitty so that was the main thing I tried to ‘fix’. I also round crop, primarily to be different. :slight_smile: Still needs work on the colors. Was this captured under fluorescent light?

Edit:
I like the colors of this better:

5 Likes

@arctic quite like the overal warm mood of your oven :dog2: grabbing salt & chili

@Ofnuts that’s a case for devil’s in the details ,-)

@Jonas_Wagner thank you for the kitten pizza, ha ha ha. I love round frames… maybe 'cause the eye comprehends them quicker and yet energy seems to last longer - what am I talking about!!! No flurescent as far as I can remember, could be mix DL and tungsten or constipated lens :baby_chick:

Rawtherapee edit with black point adjusted for mood.

Cute image. Played with it using LightZone …

Cheers,
Biff

1 Like

@HIRAM that’s Ceaușescu’s cat about to weep, lord have mercy :microphone:

@Biff thank you for sharing green being :ski:

My own edit, started in lightzone… and then crushed everything it touched: punch line zombies were people too or zombies also had pets, you choose. The universe is from something like Dawn of the Dead

Steps to hell :imp: last is wrong version, the above is the correct

5 Likes