[PlayRaw] Eating cicchetti with ghosts in Venezia

A very good photo in this raw file. It has many colors, details, highlight and shadow. I use it for practice and explore to get better post-processing profile.
Thanks for sharing!
Here, the result with RawTherapee 5.1.5.1. The 11th output file :smiley:

Then, simple actions in Gimp.

I finally decided to submit my rendition! This is what I did:

1. PhotoFlow
    a) Hot pixel correction [No hot pixels to correct :blush:], linear (and perceptual) Rec.2020 with negative clipping.

2. Hugin
    a) 2+2 horizontal and vertical control lines on perceptual image, apply settings on linear.

3. PhotoFlow
    a) Crop (approx φ, gcd=8).

4. gmic
    a) Curve to remove linearity, slightly increased chroma, slight guided sharpening
    b) Prep for sharing (contrast, resize, frame, fp to jpg).

5. Inkscape
    a) Create title overlay. Could be better but no more delays! Guess the typeface :wink:. [It is open source of course but people could guess using proprietary names since it is a clone.]

6. GIMP
    a) Apply overlay. Should I have settled for exporting from Inkscape? :thinking:

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Times New ROMAN?

1 Like

Book Antiqua?

It’s the Palatino clone

Nope.

Closer…

That’s it! TeX Gyre Pagella.

Ah yes, couldn’t think of the TeX Gyre name of it :slight_smile:

I have Palatino (linotype) but I found Book Antiqua Closer to what you used, almost undistinguishable. But I confess I have imported some ttf and MS fonts into my Linux OS, and I haven’t checked whether Book Antiqua is open source or not.

@afre asked about removing ghost from this picture. So I gave it a try with Inpaint[patch] of G’MIC and then some cloning to get this

But I could not open this image with @partha’s latest GIMP build (Unexpected end of file was the error message from Nufraw). So, before I could go to GIMP, I used RT 5.3
DSCF1719.jpg.out.pp3 (10.9 KB)
Q. Is there a problem in GIMP about opening RAF files?
PS: I forgot to say that I used @afre’s Vigrect filter too. It is very good!

@shreedhar my raf file is losslessly compressed, maybe Nufraw doesn’t support compressed raf’s yet.

my try with darktable 2.60

DSCF1719.RAF.xmp (18,0 Ko)