[PlayRaw] Everglades

Merci @patdavid 4 the image and all for sharing.
Darkatable, bastag descendant of the traitement_croise and rodachrome_d presets
@mosaster I also like natural colours =)

But the poscard reminded me of

5 Likes

@Biff surprisingly few halos on the sky

Hello,
First : nice picture Pat David !
I tried an HDR version.
First 3 pictures in RT, one -1.5, one neutral and one +1.5
Luminance HDR - mantiuk06 contrast=0.90:equalization=false:saturation=1.5:detail=20 -g 0.75
Fusion with Enfuse levels=auto exposure-weight=1 saturation-weight=1 contrast-weight=1
Replaced original exif data.
Finaly back in RT - exposure levels, sharpening and tone mapping
All from command line script.
Hope you like it.
Greetings
Marc

3 Likes

Oh, I missed this one so far. So many wonderful versions already. So, I tried a plain black & white one.

PC311173.ORF.xmp (8.5 KB)

2 Likes

Oops, missed this one from way back but thought it would be a good test for Darktable in combination with Gimp.

I converted the raw with Darktable using quite extreme highlight/shadow correction values and exporting as an .EXR file. I then loaded the EXR file into Gimp and got rid of the burnt-out white spot behind the lone tree with the resynthesize/heal-selection script and a bit of smudging. I then proceeded to generate two different compositions by using different preservation masks and applying “liquid-rescale” to obtain firs a 16:9 and then a square format without damaging details in the image.

4 Likes

PC311173.ORF.xmp (8.0 KB)

4 Likes

Decided that I’d stick with the bleak effect that I made using the CSG filter (again, since I forgot just how many options it has and I’m rediscovering it a lot!) and some harsh layer blending.

And of course, kaboom. Send this one to any grungy punk blogs you happen to know:

1 Like

My try with darktable 2.60

PC311173.ORF.xmp (10,1 Ko)

1 Like

i=s1.jpg; o=s2.jpg; v=s3.jpg; k=final.jpg
#im fred script
./shadowhighlight -sa 60 -ha 60 -ma 70 $i $o
./shadowhighlight -sa 60 -ha 70 -ca 100 $o $v
convert -channel blue -negate $v $o
convert $v $o -compose Pegtoplight -composite $k
look like instagram filter

1 Like