[PlayRaw] Guggenheim Bilbao

Nice picture! Hereā€™s with RawTherapee

3 Likes

Second attempt, replacing one gaussian blur with a more sophisticated bilateral blur:

Did this get rid of the slight halos?

2 Likes

thanks @McCap for the sharing and everybody contributing =)

Photoflowow wow wow with FP on the black people and provia on the white people, halos on everybody else.

Ā 

Ā 
Ā 
Seems ā€œmyā€ photoflow is starting to behave like a pet, luk cho kiut all high and stuffffff

2 Likes

unauthorized version (photoflow+gimp, 3 minutes made)

2 Likes

Which spots in the sky?

Interesting variations.
Very interesting crop @alex666
Nice toning @chroma_ghost (in the first one :wink:)

There is one on the right side at half height, more like a smear. you can see it in Carmelo_DrRaw version.

Yes.
@Carmelo_DrRaw, @bminney, I hope miy halo comment didnā€™t come accross as rude. It is just that I have been practicing a lot processing lately, where I try to make high contrast photos less contrasty (pulling shadows up and highlights down). And I got halos very often doing that. So maybe I developed an oversensitivity. :sweat:
In your pictures it was almost unnoticeable and didnā€™t detract from the picture.
(Contrary to some people on Flickr who post pictures with terrible halos, and people love them ???)

On the contrary, I hate halos probably at least as much as you do! :wink:

Thatā€™s for me the one thing that still makes digital photography an awful artistic product in so many casesā€¦ so I try as much as possible to avoid halos in my edits.

I struggle with halos and to be honest didnā€™t really see them until the evening when I had different lighting in the room (we had that rare thing in the UK earlier - sunshine!).

I suppose Iā€™m guilty of trying too many processes at once but I do like Darktable, its very tempting!!

So no donā€™t worry, Iā€™m a beginner at this processing lark and appreciate any useful comments

Nice photo. I was there a few years ago. I used a few Darktable 2.6.2 with filmic, retouch, and the perspective correction module and a few other modules to sharpen and bring out some color.

That focal length is a challenge though and the building does not have a lot of straight lines.

20170316T083420.RW2.xmp (7.4 KB)

1 Like

20170316T083420.pfi (38.0 KB)

1 Like

20170316T083420.RW2.xmp (8.8 KB) 20170316T083420_01.RW2.xmp (9.5 KB)

My punchy take on this, using RawTherapee 5.6

20170316T083420.jpg.out.pp3 (12.1 KB)

1 Like

20170316T083420.RW2.xmp (18.5 KB)

Nice image @McCap. Here is an attempt using GIMP 2.10. Just used Screen and Mutiply mode with masking and then a slight color toning. It could definitely be done better. But donā€™t have time for the thorough job.

1 Like

darktable 2.7, tone equalizer, filmic, local contrast, colour balance, colour reconstruction, retouch, perspective correction.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not fairā€¦

It will be in time for Christmas :wink:

Iā€™m on 2.7 master

It will be in time when there is no bug left :wink:

1 Like

20170316T083420.RW2.xmp (9,7 KB)

1 Like