[PlayRaw] Guggenheim Bilbao

thanks @McCap for the sharing and everybody contributing =)

Photoflowow wow wow with FP on the black people and provia on the white people, halos on everybody else.

Seems “my” photoflow is starting to behave like a pet, luk cho kiut all high and stuffffff

2 Likes

unauthorized version (photoflow+gimp, 3 minutes made)

2 Likes

Which spots in the sky?

Interesting variations.
Very interesting crop @alex666
Nice toning @chroma_ghost (in the first one :wink:)

There is one on the right side at half height, more like a smear. you can see it in Carmelo_DrRaw version.

Yes.
@Carmelo_DrRaw, @bminney, I hope miy halo comment didn’t come accross as rude. It is just that I have been practicing a lot processing lately, where I try to make high contrast photos less contrasty (pulling shadows up and highlights down). And I got halos very often doing that. So maybe I developed an oversensitivity. :sweat:
In your pictures it was almost unnoticeable and didn’t detract from the picture.
(Contrary to some people on Flickr who post pictures with terrible halos, and people love them ???)

On the contrary, I hate halos probably at least as much as you do! :wink:

That’s for me the one thing that still makes digital photography an awful artistic product in so many cases… so I try as much as possible to avoid halos in my edits.

I struggle with halos and to be honest didn’t really see them until the evening when I had different lighting in the room (we had that rare thing in the UK earlier - sunshine!).

I suppose I’m guilty of trying too many processes at once but I do like Darktable, its very tempting!!

So no don’t worry, I’m a beginner at this processing lark and appreciate any useful comments

Nice photo. I was there a few years ago. I used a few Darktable 2.6.2 with filmic, retouch, and the perspective correction module and a few other modules to sharpen and bring out some color.

That focal length is a challenge though and the building does not have a lot of straight lines.

20170316T083420.RW2.xmp (7.4 KB)

1 Like

20170316T083420.pfi (38.0 KB)

1 Like

20170316T083420.RW2.xmp (8.8 KB) 20170316T083420_01.RW2.xmp (9.5 KB)

My punchy take on this, using RawTherapee 5.6

20170316T083420.jpg.out.pp3 (12.1 KB)

1 Like

20170316T083420.RW2.xmp (18.5 KB)

Nice image @McCap. Here is an attempt using GIMP 2.10. Just used Screen and Mutiply mode with masking and then a slight color toning. It could definitely be done better. But don’t have time for the thorough job.

1 Like

darktable 2.7, tone equalizer, filmic, local contrast, colour balance, colour reconstruction, retouch, perspective correction.

2 Likes

That’s not fair…

It will be in time for Christmas :wink:

I’m on 2.7 master

It will be in time when there is no bug left :wink:

1 Like

20170316T083420.RW2.xmp (9,7 KB)

1 Like

20170316T083420-4.tif.out.pp3 (12.2 KB) + GIMP perspective

Here a redo with a more “sunsetish feeling” done with darktable 3.4 plus some freaky sharpening in Gimp. Please regard it as a piece of art and don’t look at the artefacts :wink: .

20170316T083420.RW2.xmp (22.5 KB)

4 Likes