[PlayRaw] Misty Path

Looking forward to your new edit!

Meanwhile, here comes a second version of mine, with a better tonal balance in the foreground, and grainy versions of the B&W edit:

B&W

B&W small grain

B&W medium grain

PFI file: DSC_0539-2.pfi (81.2 KB)

The tool I used to generate the grainy versions is briefly introduced here. It is not open-sourced yet, but I plan to put the code on github in the near future.

@chroma_ghost could you share the .PFI file that could not be exported? I have edited the above images with version 0.2.8 and had no issues at all. However I have only used few tools (basic adjustments, curves and gradients). Maybe there is some specific tool that is causing troubles…

5 Likes

Sure thing Dr. Cool! It might have been slightly different values for the RAW developer module, but negligible overall

DSC_0539.zip (3.3 KB)

Thank you kindly for looking into it :love_you_gesture::tiger::giraffe::hatching_chick::rosette::butterfly:

PS
I like the small grain B&W version =)

@afre :musical_note: smokeee in the watttter an fire in the skyyyy :stuck_out_tongue:

Rt 5.2
Misty Path2.pp3 (11.5 KB)

RT 5.2 saturation +82 and retinex :open_mouth:
Misty Path.pp3 (11.4 KB)

2 Likes

I love all the latest versions of the “misty path” image. If I really have to pick a favourite, I’d probably say @Carmelo_DrRaw’s second colour is hard to beat.

The tricolour effect (Hungarian flag? Or Indian flag?) is clearly a dominant theme, and I really like how it has been a) emphasised, b) de-emphasised, or c) just smashed to pieces in a couple of the interpretations.

Thank you again!

I’m really glad you like it!!! I think this is a very good example of how powerful masks-based local editing can be with certain images…

Haven’t worked through a digital camera pic in a while (my main image work is with film scans). Fun, nice looking landscape in the vertical, if a little soft on focus. :slight_smile: Ripped this off quick.

1 Like

Hi there,
I’m new on this site. PlayRaw is a nice idea!
This is my version. I just did some tweaks in Darktable…

I like the b&w variants from @Carmelo_DrRaw

DSC_0539.NEF.xmp (6.5 KB)

1 Like

Here is my try: I tried to have an overall harmonic lighting as the viewer would perceive it when having eyes wandering across the scene. Furthermore as the sky provides the one and only illumination I added a little bit of red glowing to the meadow to have an overall consisten color impression.

And here is the XMP (Darktable):

DSC_0539.NEF.xmp (16.1 KB)

I did not invest more than 15 minutes but tried to get it as close as possible to my philosophy of trying to get a picture giving a viewer the possibility to reproduce what the original scene would have looked like (knowing that a human being does not capture a flat image at an average exposure but having a very adaptive cognitive and optical appartus built in).

Immanuel.

2 Likes

with darktable 2.60
DSC_0205.NEF.xmp (13,5 Ko)