PlayRaw - Processing Question ?

I have searched the forum for info regarding PlayRaw but don’t seem to find any guidelines to the processing limits, is the idea to just use .raw processing editors i.e Rawtherapee/Darktable etc to process the images or is it acceptable to go on and edit in for example GIMP using layers etc…

1 Like

There’s no limit to what you can do, that’s one of the reasons to have an explicit CC license to the pictures (I suppose). I think the general consensus is to try using only FLOSS software, but even that can sometimes be amended, for example if you want to demonstrate something specific.

So, just have fun :slight_smile:

Thanks, I will have a little Play…

I think there are several reason for the CC license:

• sharing via license is part of our ethos
  • license protects the forum from legal recourse for hosting the image
  • license protects our users from legal resource for playing with the image

Note that your posts are also licensed CC.

1 Like

Look at the edits of @Joan_Rake1, then you see, there is definitely no limit :wink: .

4 Likes

While my code is extremely messy (one of my commands has 64 parameters!) and it’s based on fragments of what others have worked tirelessly to create, I manage to build monsters which completely deface images. The cascading self-glitching filter, both 'UltraWarp’s, the shredder, the ‘shifter’, the extended deform command and now the bit-plane thing are all things I’ve somehow thrown together and they can be used for all sorts of things.

2 Likes

Keep going!

1 Like