[PlayRaw] Rice field

Hello,

i post a picture of a rice field in Lomellina, Nothern Italy. Taken with a Fuji X-T20 and 27mm @ F6.4. I mostly use Raw Therapee, ideas about development are welcome. Thank you in advance!

DSCF3292.RAF (25.0 MB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input but I think you uploaded the wrong raw file :wink:

1 Like

ooopss… fixed! sorry!

I started off with a color edit, then realized I always use the same hue shift for these kinds of landscapes (yellow to orange, green to blue) so I tried turning it into a monochrome

DSCF3292.jpg.out.pp3 (12.3 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks for the image.

DSCF3292.RAF.xmp (14.0 KB)

1 Like

Photoflow:

DSCF3292.pfi (37.9 KB)

1 Like

RT 5.7

DSCF3292.jpg.out.pp3 (12,5 KB)

2 Likes

GIMP 2.10.12 with darktable as the raw developer.

The sky is completely drained of colour so that it does not distract but exists to give space to the colourful field.

3 Likes

Really nice examples thank you everyone!!!

DSCF3292.jpg.out.pp3 (12.9 KB)

and with some CIE adjustments (note RGB values should be the same unless i messed up :stuck_out_tongue: )

DSCF3292-1.jpg.out.pp3 (13.0 KB)

I love me a nice sharp picture <3

So what did I do?

• made BW and Orthochromatic (cause I love orthochromatic) with a red filter to darken the sky (didn’t wotk so well)
  • auto matched tone curve
  • brightness in RGB
  • fixed blacks in a second curve

Then added sharpness via:

• tone mapping

Messed with lightness of greens in LAB and HSV mode :stuck_out_tongue: (didn’t seem to do too much)

Added more sharpness with:

• sharpening
  • local contrast

Tweaked contrast a bit in CIE Colour

Resized and sharpenned again :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and capture sharpening - soooo glad that’s a thing now :heart:

totally kudos to @ggc for this image :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

Darktable 6.2

4 Likes

Here’s my take :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really nice bw @stefan.chirila and really nice colors @josemar127 and @KristijanZic even raining!

To the last 2, could we take a look at the profile used? Thank you!

Hi ggc, I send you the profile to have a look. RegardsDSCF3292.RAF.xmp (14.8 KB)

1 Like

darktable 2.6.2

DSCF3292.RAF.xmp (2,4 Ko)

1 Like

The original raw image was first processed in Lightroom and then finished in Gimp (sky and rain).

However, I gave it another try with Darktable, my first real attempt to process a raw image with Darktable. The result is quite impressive to me.
There are some issues tho with Darktable like perspective correction being inferior to Lightroom.

Here’s the image, it may look too green or blue since my display is not color managed but overall if I was to spend another hour on this I’m sure I’d get it to be perfect. I’m starting to like Darktable.

Oh yeah, here’s the sidecar:
DSCF3292.RAF.xmp (20.5 KB)

Btw very cool photo!

1 Like