[PlayRaw] Sunset on ferry

Thanks for sharing! Here’s my version (RT):

IMG_3129.CR2.pp3 (10.5 KB)

4 Likes

Rawtherapee sunset_ferry.pp3 (12.3 KB)

11 Likes

@paperdigits like your glooming and contrasty version a lot, pitty the sun; kodachrome :disappointed_relieved::sob::ocean:

Like always thanks to @silicoid for “donating” his raw and everybody sharing their visions =)

All Photoflow IMG_3129.pfi.zip (2.3 KB) but cropped and (ever so slighty) grainned outside. Basic amusements on HL and Shadows (luminosity mask) a couple instances of split details as poli-loca :rotating_light:, lucy-ri sharpening (very small radious) and vista 200 LUT, colour only transfer… everysingle step guided by my hamster’s delicate sense of balance XD. Anyway at the end there was this anoying harshness around the sun and some other places, so as I also like the idea of diffused light, created a gau blur (radious 41) aimed at HL only and a mask for white light. WhatA mess je ej je

DT sidecard: IMG_3129.CR2.xmp (8.1 KB)

2 Likes

Rawtherapee:

On my way…

2 Likes

:rofl: I should be getting on with a new fitted kitchen for wife but wondered if I could remove the problems with the reflections on the rail/pipe.

So quick develop with rawtherapee. -1.3 stops exposure and a bit of work on the black end of a curve to bring those up a bit. Then fotoxx. Curves,colour, warmth,select reflections-desaturate-adj brightness- then the blend brush over them. Worked pretty well and could be improved further with a bit of a smear in the gimp. Then cropped, reduced and sharpened. Then the gimp. Duplicate layer, softlight with a very quickly painted mask to bring back shadow detail just leaving it active on the sky. Matter of taste, I used 25% opacity on it.

John

with darktable 2.60IMG_3129.CR2.xmp (15,9 Ko)

2 Likes

Photoflow (Hue preserved but some banding on the left)

IMG_3129.pfi (47.2 KB)

Darktable with no preserving chrominance v5 (very smooth gradients but yellow hue-shift)

Darktable with no preserving chrominance v6

IMG_3129.CR2.xmp (9.4 KB)

wow seems to be hard to get colour right on this one. tried vkdt:

using a spectral input profile and set white balance to around 4000K such that it wouldn’t only be red.

4 Likes

Gimp 3.10.32

thanks for posting
darktable 4.0

IMG_3129_02.CR2.xmp (19.5 KB)

Add a new one

IMG_3129_08.CR2.xmp (29.0 KB)

My quick play with this image. Filmulator then into GIMP.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

dt 3.9.0 + sigmoid

IMG_3129_02.CR2.xmp (11.0 KB)

a slightly warmer version by tweaking color calibration:

IMG_3129.CR2.xmp (10.6 KB)

3 Likes

IMG_3129_01.CR2.xmp (12.5 KB)

I really like the soft tones and the colours in this one.

Thank you @age for bring this nice image up after 3 years :slight_smile:

Hier is my edit:

Darktable 4.0.0 IMG_3129.CR2.xmp (21.3 KB)

2 Likes

DT4

IMG_3129.CR2.xmp (13.9 KB)

2 Likes

for the fun, my two tries with the new release of RethinkRAW

and in BW

5 Likes

ART

edit: a little change in the white balance

1 Like