[PlayRaw] Tire repair shop (a very dirty one)

While waiting for people to finish repairing my car’s tire, I took some shots.
This was particularly fun to play with in PhotoFlow, because I started to make use of its ability to make a custom pixel pipeline
In this case, a mask I applied to a certain layer was built not from the output of the layer right beneath it, but from another one set up earlier in the pixel pipeline. I find this really powerful.
Considering that, it would be great if Photoflow GUI had some kind of layers map, something like Natron’s nodes view. It would be more easy to see the connections between layers, that is, to see the pixel pipeline graphic representation. Considering that layers are not necessarily working with the output from the previous layer, maybe they should be called nodes instead. Just an idea.
Beside that, usual edits → white balance → noise reduction → crop → new filmic tone mapping tool → curves for bright areas → curves for dark areas → edge sharpening → OCIO filmic

IMG_5415.DNG (17.8 MB)

IMG_5415.pfi (99.1 KB)

Released under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

7 Likes

IMG_5415.DNG.xmp (10.0 KB)

Lately I’m into monochrome with a hint of colour.

7 Likes

I like that too.

Here is my version in color.

IMG_5415.DNG.xmp (5,5 KB)

6 Likes

IMG_5415.DNG.pp3 (12.9 KB)

4 Likes

CONCISE TURN AROUND :slight_smile:

@age Lovely colours, dirty but inviting.

darktable (2.7-git): IMG_5415.DNG.xmp (2.5 KB)

4 Likes

Dehaze + wavelet things + retinex in rawtherapee-5.5-dev

IMG_5415.DNG.pp3 (11.1 KB)

1 Like

Very interesting shot @gadolf. We have many such roadside shops in India. The resourcefulness of the mechanics working in these shops is mind boggling!
I used the oil can and the WD40 spray can to get colors as close to real as possible and also tried to maintain the gritty nature of the working environment. Have a look.
IMG_5415.jpg.out.pp3 (12.0 KB)

3 Likes

Good thinking, Shreedhar!

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

2 Likes

WD-40 to the rescue! Specifically, which colours of the can did you use?

I tried to match the yellow of WD40 and the red lettering of the oil quart bottle.

original multiply over blue negative copy

@uoucas Makes it look like black light. :sunglasses: Could you:

• Tell us more about your processing? Which app did you use?
  • Share a higher quality version? I like it but larger would be nice!

1000x727 https://i.imgur.com/bdXNuwq.jpg

process montage https://i.imgur.com/OiFUyKG.jpg

convert -channel green -negate input.jpg green.jpg
convert input.jpg green.jpg -compose Multiply -composite result.jpg
1 Like

I didn’t get the exact same result because I used a different input.

@gadolf’s image as input

Also, the command didn’t work for me when input.jpg is after -negate. I combined the two commands (note: replace magick with convert if you are still using v6):

magick input.jpg ( +clone -channel green -negate ) -compose multiply -composite output.jpg

Essai
IMG_5415.DNG.xmp (5,9 Ko)

1 Like