Please allow me to introduce myself...

To introduce myself, I’m Robert Krawitz. I’m a software engineer who has also been in management and project management. I’ve been in the FOSS community for upwards of 30 years now.

I’m the project lead for Gutenprint. I got started on that in 1999 when I bought an Epson Stylus Photo EX from a friend at the company I was at at the time, and found no Linux driver for it, so I took Mike Sweet’s Print plugin for GIMP and eventually got it to work for that printer. Then I got it working for more, and it eventually branched out to the point where it now supports over 3,000 printers as a CUPS printer driver in addition to an alternative print plugin for GIMP. A few of us are working on profiling; if you’re interested, check out the lut-branch in our Git repo on sourceforge.net.

I’m also a developer on KPhotoAlbum, where I mostly focus on performance and scalability for this KDE image management tool. I currently have about 280,000 images under management, so obviously performance matters to me (not to mention that performance has long been of interest). I accumulate these images largely from being a volunteer sports photographer for my alma mater, but I do plenty of fun photography. I particularly like making panoramas, and every vacation my wife and I take I shoot a bunch of pano sequences which I build with Hugin.

You can see my photo site.

12 Likes

@rlk Welcome to the forum!

Hi @rlk, welcome! Delightful to have you here. I’ve benifited from your work more times than I can count. Thank you for you dedication!

Hi @rlk and welcome!

It took me a l-o-n-g time to find the LUT branch.
To save others from the same ordeal, here it is :slight_smile:
https://sourceforge.net/p/gimp-print/source/ci/lut-branch/tree/

/Claes in Lund, Sweden
– XP-960 –

Hi Robert,
It’s great to have you here.
I want to thanks you for all your work , again. :wink:
In my Photo Club I’m the only to have FOSS workflow from when I take the picture to when I print it.

Cheers
Gabriele