Please help me troubleshoot this issue (lcms + Linux)

I think your expectations are too high. Also you should have sent the steps to reproduce in the original message.

Hi maboleth, I use slackware current with the new kde5 from alien bob which uses kde5 instead kde4 and i noted with the latest massive distro upgrade gimp has segmentation fault As you If I import a v4 instead v2 output profile from rawtherapee and I use the brush tool. I didn’t make any bug report because I’m very busy actually… I hope with your bug report all will go well.
I write this for witness… :wink:

You mean like in gnome bug report? Because I provided the steps here from the beginning.

Those above are the easiest, because you already have the file that 100% affects the alpha channel bug. You don’t have to have Rawtherapee. If you get the bug with this file, you will get with any 16bit integer v4 profile.

Sorry to hear that @dafrasaga . I’m not familiar how slackware pushes the upgrades. But one possibility is that it used old (original) lcms 2.10. Few days after the initial release I reported the seg-fault bug and dev fixed it, although he didn’t change version number (still 2.10). If you can, download the git version and seg-fault should be fixed.

Then again, this brushes bug isn’t fixed - yet. Though no sign of the dev.

I mean your expectations of the developer.

Alright, my 3rd email with the dev was a success. He fixed it and expect v2.11 soon. It’s already on git, if you compile on your own.

So this bug is now fixed.