I’m kind of alone in this issue here.
Basically it’s like this: when I import an image from RawTherapee to Gimp, using default settings (16bit integer, rt_v4srgb profile) i cannot use the brushes until I change or convert those profile/bit settings.
I reported this issue here:
But so far none helped or reproduced this.
My take on what is causing it, is the newest LCMS2 2.10 program that GIMP is using to maintain color correction. Alas, the original dev of lcms said he couldn’t help me on this or thought this could be GIMP’s own bug.
When I revert back to lcms 2.9 I no longer have this issue and everything is great!
If anyone can test this for me, I’d appreciate a lot.
- Download the test image - https://we.tl/t-xkzATlwcZM
- You need to have color profiled monitor, color management turned on system wide and in GIMP
- Using the latest lcms - 2.10 in Linux.
- Open the image above and try painting it with either paintbrush, airbrush or pencil.
- Report back if it’s working or not.