I’ve written an article bringing together many color topics of general interest to programmers and offering solutions and pseudocode. I encourage anyone to review and comment on this article. In particular, this document discusses—
- popular formats for red-green-blue (RGB) colors,
- several color models of practical interest, including conversion methods,
- how to generate colors with certain properties,
- color differences,
- color mixing,
- color maps,
- how to find the dominant colors of an image, and
- colors as spectral functions.
The article itself is open-source on GitHub; anyone with a GitHub account can also comment on the issues thread too.
Anyone who wants to comment on this article should post a reply here or a comment on the issues thread.