plugin raw images gimp-cce

Hi All,
I have two computers with the same distro and same gimp-cce and rawtherapee release…
On one when I open a raw images (Nikon NEF) Rawtherapee is opened and after closed it the images is on gimp;
on the other when I close rawtherapee I have :

Calling error for procedure ‘gimp-file-load’:
Error opening file: No such file or directory

and

Opening ‘/home/gabriele/Pictures/_DSC4178.NEF’ failed:
Raw Nikon plug-In could not open image

Can you help me??

Cheers
Gabriele

did you try running gimp from a terminal? do you get any output in case of failure?

Hi Alberto,
I tried but nothing.

Could it be that the $HOME/.config/GIMP/2.9/temp folder (I’m not 100% sure this is exactly the correct path…) is missing in one of the two machines?

Bingo!!!
However it’s not “temp” but “tmp” :smiley:
Many Many thanks Carmelo

@Carmelo_DrRaw would this be a bug in GIMP? The plugin code uses gimp_temp_name() to create a temporary file, it doesn’t mess with paths at all…

Alberto,
I don’t know… I created temp directory under my home config directory but after I closed rawtherapee I got the same error. With tmp all is ok.

Cheers
Gabriele

Yes! That’s why I said I was not 100% sure…

I think it is more a question of design… the gimp_temp_name() function returns a temporary name, but does not create the file. It is up to the calling code to create the file, and I guess also to create the folder if it does not exist yet. This is at least what I am doing in the PhFGimp plug-in for photoflow.