Podcast players

Another past time beside this forum is listening to podcasts, subscribing to more than 2-3 dozen; I have lost track. Currently, I use AntennaPod. Unfortunately, for the past year or so, I have been getting this irreconcilable problem where the database gets corrupted or removed on my Android phone.

https://github.com/AntennaPod/AntennaPod/issues/2463

This past week, it could happen to me several times in a day. I am tired of re-adding all of my 2-3 dozen+ podcasts (and trying to remember which ones are good).

• Do you have any suggestions; could you help look into the bug?

What podcast player do you use? There are many out there. Too many to chose from. What has worked for you? What would you recommend?

I use Antenna Pod, so I’ll be of no help here.

I am doing database backups with antennapod often, to prevent this issue. That helped several times.

I have been backing up like a :crazy_face: person. Now, for some reason, I am not experiencing any corruption, but I won’t stop backing up until the issue has been resolved.

Hm, I am observing the same phenomenon. Maybe the bug has something to do with calendar dates? If it starts again on January 1st, it would be worth an investigation.

But there was an update in the meantime, maybe that’s the reason?

You can back up your podcasts to an opml file, at least then when the db corrupts you just reimport… Doesn’t save your listened status.

I haven’t had the db corrupt in a long time though.

Yeah, I back up the opml as well.