Printing: How much of your work do you print/display? In what media?

I live in Poland, not much difference :frowning: The ‘average’ means rather nothing. It’s a lie (off topic).

By pizza pamphlets I mean cheap, high volume printing. You get those quite often in your mailbox. However the quality could be too low. Well it all depends on service and paper I assume.

1 Like

It would appear that we are in the same boat. Greetings from Croatia! :joy:

https://www.stsinks.com/

Keep in mind roll paper printers will require a fair amount of space for handling the larger prints, so plan accordingly. Best of luck!

Yes, I’m interested in a printer section on this forum. Discussing pros and cons of different papers might be interesting.

I just opened a fine-art print shop myself, using an Epson wide-format printer (A1 + rolls up to 15 meter). I am not sure that using no-brand inks is the right solution for art-work though.

depends on what services you have available to, but I would think surely in most places the answer is almost never.

don’t rule out looking for a local service that can do the same thing in your new location, they haven’t all shut down just yet, touch wood. I live in a relatively small city and there are two high quality print labs that are very reasonably priced and dozens of cheaper ones. Most will let you have some oversight into what’s going on with your print, and I can definitely say the quality is much better than the online services I’ve tried.

that’s probably one of the most disappointing things with modern printing, my parents have stacks of photo albums filled with 30, 40, 50 year old 6x4’s and most still look great. Then we have inkjet prints from department store type setups and online services that are so faded you can barely recognise the people in them, and they’re not even 10 years old.

I got a big print done for my Mum one year from one of the aforementioned local labs and that’s been hanging in their sunny front lounge for nearly 5 years now and it still looks as fresh as the day it was printed. I don’t think I could have done that at home on my first try, no matter how many thousands I spent on a printer.

In my limited experience, it is a hit or miss proposition. They are certainly not as consistent as brand name but if you are lucky sometimes they can be better. If you have a shop, obviously, it would be safer to use the tried and true.

How much printing experts are here? I’m not an expert just a reader. I print not that much and use single printing service which I trust. Tried once other because they offered Hahnemühle papers but the quality was inacceptable.

To go in touch with people who eat their own teeth on printing I suggest to go to the luminosity landscape forum. That is the place you can get reliable information on topic we’re discussing here.