Prise en charge boitier Fujifilm GFX 100S par Darktable

Bonjour à toutes et à tous.
Beosin d’aide pour la prise en charge d’un nouveau boitier dont je viens de faire l’acquisition, je pensais qu’il s’agirait de fichiers identique au fujifilm GFX100 mais il n’en est rien, le fujifilm GFX 100S n’est pas pris en charge lorsque j’essaie d’ouvrir les fichiers RAF avec Darktable, je ne sais pas comment m’y prendre, j’ai tenté par Github mais c’est très confus pour moi et mon anglais est plus que moyen, sur github il est demandé de fournir les fichiers sous licence CC0, je n’ai aucune idée de ce que cela veut dire.
Si quelqu’un pouvait m’expliquer la marche à suivre, avec mes remerciements
Cordialement.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Hi everyone.
I’ve just bought a new camera, I thought it would be identical to the fujifilm GFX100 but it’s not, the fujifilm GFX 100S is not supported when I try to open the RAF files with Darktable, I don’t know how to do it, I tried Github but it’s very confusing for me and my English is more than average, on github it asks to provide the files under CC0 license, I have no idea what that means.
If someone could explain me the procedure to follow, with my thanks
Sincerely

Salut @Georges-Chazalon!

Since my knowledge of the French language is totally horrible, please excuse me for replying in English.

a) Congratulations! That’s a very nice camera, and I hope you will have much fun with it.

b) To “provide a file under CC0 license” simply means that you add a line of text to the image you upload, saying something like This image is provided under a CC0 license. meaning that you put it in public domain.

c) We already have two RAW files from the GFX100S in the raw.pixls.us database. One 16-bit uncompressed, and one 14-bit uncompressed. I can open and process both in the git version of darktable. (The git version is the latest development version.)

d) For camera/lens combinations, darktable uses data from lensfun, and since lensfun does not yet recognize GFX100S, darktable’s lens correction module will not recognize it either.

OK?

Have fun!
Claes à Lund, La Suède

Which means the support will be in the next official version, which might be released at the end of the year (looking at past releases). Up to you to decide what to do: use a (possibly unstable) development version (but many here use it), or wait for the next stable version.

But that seems rather easier to correct, the method is described in the lensfun manual.. You should be able to use the entry for the GFX 100 as an example.

Oh, and the CC0 license is not quite the same as placing an image in the public domain. Some jurisdictions, like France, do not allow the latter, so “putting an image in the public domain” wouldn’t have any effect.
The CC0 license does work (afaik, but IANAL :stuck_out_tongue: ), within the limits of the applicable laws (sometimes some rights cannot be abandoned, like the right to attribution under French law).

Résumé en Français:
Le GFX100S sera pris en charge dans darktable 3.8, peut-être fin de l’année. Entretemps, tu peut ajouter toi-même l’appareil dans lensfun suivant les instruction dans le lien ci-dessus.

Note que la license CC0 n’est pas tout à fait une “mise dans le domaine public” impossible en France.

Il est déjà supporté depuis la version 3.6.1, à l’exception du régime RAF compressé 16o:

Thank you very much for your reply, so it looks like you don’t need a file from my GFX 100S
I never use the lens correction module, if I use a lens of a certain focal length, I know the distortions and keep it as it is
With all my sympathy
Hello from France

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse, je n’ai qu’à patienter un peu finalement
Je n’utilise jamais le module corréction d’objectif, si j’utilise un objectif d’une certaine focale, j’en connais les déformations et je les garde telle quelle
Avec toute ma sympathie
Cordialement
Thank you very much for your answer, I’ll just have to wait a bit
I never use the lens correction module, if I use a lens of a certain focal length, I know the distortions and keep it as it is
With all my sympathy
Sincerely

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse, je n’ai qu’à patienter un peu finalement, il me suffit de passer en 14 bits pour que Darktable 3.6.1 puisse éditer mes fichiers, je vais tester demain.
Avec toute ma sympathie
Cordialement
Thank you very much for your answer, I just have to wait a little bit, I just have to switch to 14 bits so that Darktable 3.6.1 can edit my files, I will test tomorrow.
With all my sympathy
Sincerely

ou 16o non compressé

(or 16 bits uncompressed)

on ne sait pas quand malheureusement, ce n’est pas encore assuré pour 3.8:

(we don’t know when this will happen unfortunately, it’s not yet guaranteed for 3.8:)

Yes I understand, thank you very much
Sincerely
Enjoy your evening

I have just tested decompressing 16 bit, it works very well, thank you very much to all for your answers