Probably a truly dumb question.

Is there a graphics program (or could there be one developed) that could recognize, mark or even remove a newer addition to an older photograph?

I’m a 63 year old ex-Marine, single and live alone.

In 2017 I was scammed 3 different times by women online. To the amount of $64,000 in credit card debt, my bank accounts being completely depleted and being forced to file for bankruptcy.
Ive made sure to never ASK for nude photographs ( scammers appear to have an abundance of those type of photos ) and instead, to identify the person chatting with me I ask for a photo with something written strategically that could not already have been there!

With Photoshop available to them, however, the scammers are able to add words to already existing photographs.

So I’m wondering if it is possible to at the least Identify these recent additions and avoid suffering by being scammed again?

Whatever technique could be developed would just be worked around by scammers. Its whack-a-mole.

You gotta stop sending money/credit card/bank info out and stop putting yourself in the position that these things happen.

Why not go to meetup or some in person groups?

Thank you for your service, and I hope this doesn’t come across harsh or crass.

2 Likes

Not harsh or crass.

I’m disabled, and around here (live on a farm in rural Missouri) meeting someone would mean attending one of the local buildings they call going to “church”!

When I said ex-Marine I meant that in every possible way, especially attending religious gatherings of ignorant individuals that wouldn’t recognize god if he sat at the table next to them and asked them, politely if he could use their catsup.

You’re looking for something called image error level analysis

That link has the best description of the technique, and was the first (to my knowledge) to offer it as an online service, but there are a couple of others (presuming you know how to use them.)

http://fotoforensics.com/ (With some brief instruction here FotoForensics )

1 Like

Karl,

You sir are a life saver!

I opened just 1 image and this immediately identified the addition to the original.

You have the gratitude of a 63 year old, ex-Marinwe!

Beyond words I cannot express my thanks enough,

Micheal