Problem with cropping in dynamic profiles

I use a Micro Four Thirds camera: with some lenses the jpeg image created by the camera is smaller (cropped) than the image created by RawTherapee.
I would like to have the same image crop when using RT to get precise framing with the camera.

Some time ago I was suggested to use cropping in a dynamic profile, so that it is automatically applied when opening an image taken with one of those lenses.

The suggested solution works well but I have a problem: I created the cropping profiles with landscape oriented images. When I open a portrait oriented image RT applies a landscape crop and it reduces the crop width to the width of the portrait image, so that I get a small cropped rectangle in the center of the image.

Of course this behavior is not useful, since what I need is the same crop as in landscape, but rotated to portrait.

Is there a way to solve this problem in any way?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe using the Custom Profile Builder plugin would work. It can be found here: GitHub - marcapelini/RTProfileSelector

And for creating rules (in your case, a rule based on rotation could work): Creating Rules Ā· marcapelini/RTProfileSelector Wiki Ā· GitHub

Crop setting ā€˜As Imageā€™ should work (have look at the right):

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I looked at your links and I dontā€™t know if it could solve my problem, but it looks like a rather complicated solution.
I think that I will try it if I will not find other solutions.

The setting is already ā€œAs Imageā€. Here is the dynamic profile file content:

[Version]
AppVersion=5.4
Version=331

[Crop]
Enabled=true
X=70
Y=51
W=4460
H=3351
FixedRatio=true
Ratio=As Image
Orientation=As Image
Guide=Frame

I have to correct my previous post: if I load a portrait image the resulting crop is almost a square that shows the top part of the image, not the center. The resulting crop is
x=70
y=51
w=3386
h = 3351

Youā€™re right. Imho itā€™s a bug. Iā€™ll open an issue.

I agree that it looks like a bug. Thank you for opening the issue.

Did you open the issue? I looked but I did not find it.
I can open it if you prefer.

Yes, please open an issue. Iā€™m on vacation currently with limited time and internet access.

I opened the issue.

2 Likes