Problem with download older version

I did as you wrote, raw → right click → save action

Then I opened poedit and clicked browse files and I searched for a file by name and chose it:

Then I got an error with The file cannot be opened. Unsupported file format.:

It seems that you have named the file pl.po.txt. That is incorrect and poedit will not load that file and throw an error.

Rename it to pl.po and try to load it again.

Yes, but he calls himself that. I also tried changing the type of the saved file to all files and it still doesn’t work.

I haven’t used Windows in over 25 years, but renaming a file shouldn’t be all that hard.

Just did a search and came up with this link: 6 Ways to Rename Files and Folders in Windows 10. One of those should work for you.

The file has a valid name but text type, there is probably a problem here.

Is that an assumption or have you tried loading the pl.po file and did poedit complain?

Just in case: The text type should be “plain text” or something similar. Don’t you get that option when saving it from your browser (you use firefox?). I can change the name and the document type:

BTW: Have you tried using the darktable.mo.zip file that was provided?

I haven’t used Windows for a while but iirc there’s an option in Windows Explorer to hide the file extension for known file types. So the “.txt” extension is present on the file but not shown in Explorer. If you can find this option and disable it, you might be able to change the extension.

Perhaps see How to Hide File Extensions in Windows 10 - StackHowTo

I have it turned on.

I have the same as you in the screenshot. Later, when I try to find this file with the program, it does not see it.

Or I do as I wrote here:

Do not understand the question

MStraeten explained what to do in post #3 and offered you the darktable.mo file he created:

You could try using that one and forget about creating one yourself using pl.po and poedit.

I tested/checked and the file he created on his OSX based machine is the same as the one I just created on my Linux machine. I’m sure you can use it on your Windows box.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-11-02 103324

There is .txt in the name here, weird

10:40 - I cannot create new replies for 24 hours

And what to do with it?

Yes and as mentioned before pl.po.txt is incorrect. It should be pl.po.

Make sure Windows shows the extension in the filebrowser and rename it (as in: remove the .txt part).

That was explained to you in post #3

Unzip it and place it in the mentioned directory/folder.

1 Like

please try again

1 Like

It works! Thanks a lot for all your help!

Thanks.

C:\Program Files\darktable\share\locale\pl or wherever darktable was installed

Great, good to see that this is now fixed :slight_smile:

And you’re welcome.

1 Like

Thanks again! Have a nice day :slight_smile: