Problem with export

I’m using SiriL 0.9.12 on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and I’m loving it. I’ve been a long time ago user of IRIS, so I feel at home with SiriL.

I’ve having some trouble exporting final images. For example after processing an image of M76 (stacking, photometric color balance, asinh transform and multiple histogram transforms), I’ve exported the final image to JPEG. But the exported image doesn’t seems the same that I’m viewing on the RGB view. Yes, I’ve linear visualization in SiriL.

I’ve seen the same behavior with other images and exporting to PNG or TIFF. The exported image, never looks the same that inside SiriL. I must to to Affinity Photo and add a curves layer to bring up the image to the same look.

Here is my example from M76

And if you want to try to reproduce the problem, here is the FITS file just before exporting

siril_processed.fits (9.0 MB)

Thank you in advance!

Think about your visualisation sliders before trying to make any transformations !!!
These sliders must be at 0 and 65535

1 Like

Ouch! :man_facepalming: My fault!. Thankyou very much, and sorry for the noise :wink:

1 Like

No problem, it’s a very common issue, we should have better warnings in the GUI for this.

1 Like

I think I could add a dialog that popup before user save the image if sliders are not at min/max

Hello

I have still a problem while my sliders are on 0 and 65535
when “save as” is used to jpeg.

I have in Siril a good RGB image ( see screenshot left ) and a bad tiff file (screenshot right)

What is still wrong ?

Sorry
Werner

What is your display mode?

were can I find this display mode :frowning: ?

I think you should take a look to some video and/or tutorials :).
This is in the main windows, with the grey channels.

This is my window with grey channels …

Tried to find video’s to learn to create a colour image from a 6 red(2)/green/blue(2)/luminance fits-files. I did now a RGB compositing, but only of 4 files. I have no idea how to use my extra red/blue
and how to extract to a colour image. Video always stops without the exporting…

Thanks for helping !

In one of the tutorials, a right click on RGB imageSchermafbeelding 2020-03-15 om 16.14.22
could also save the image as TIFF.
But on the MacOS version the corresponding CTRL-click is not showing a pop-up… is this a bug or do I something wrong ?
Thanks
Werner

So your visualisation display is arcsinh.
What you see is not what you get.

You need to stretch the histogram before. There are plenty of process that you have to do before exporting.