Problem with Full Screen/Exit Button in RT5.2 - Win7- 64 Bit

The GUI of RT 5.2 opens on my PC to display the win task bar at bottom and a horizontal strip of desktop along the top which displays the program name at the LH end and the windows min/restore down/close button at the RH end - all perfectly normal.
My RAF files are stored on a WD 1TB Passport external HD with a USB3 connection and their location is set in the file browser Preferences to a master folder containing no RAF files itself, but containing a series if consecutive sub-folders. No sub-folder holds more than 30 RAFs.
So, when my GUI opens, the file browser is at the master folder and the preview area is blank. The following actions cause the program to hang on my PC.

1. Click on the Full Screen/Exit button of the GUI - no problem here
  2. Click on any sub-folder - the preview/editing area fills with thumbnails - no problem
  3. Select and open a file for editing - no problem here either - all editing tools fully functional
  4. Now click on the Full Screen/exit button again.
  5. The program freezes. All editing tools stopped. The top of the GUI remains at the full screen position. There is now a gap between the taskbar and the bottom edge of the GUI and its RH edge has moved slightly away from the side if the screen.
    Clicking on the FullScreen/Exit again causes the Preferences panel to open.
    The only possible action now is to close down the program and restart.

I later discovered that the way to avoid this happening is to refrain from clicking on the Full Screen/Exit before proceeding to browse or edit files.

I uninstalled RT 5.2 and reinstalled RT 5.0-r1-gtk3 which I had previously been using without any problem. Indeed the the effect I’ve described above could not be reproduced on the 5.0 version.

I’ve not found any mention of this in the forum, so I wonder if there’s a fault in my Win7 OS.

Please try this development build and see if you can reproduce the problem:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPLXhJQ2dLOVRqTVU

Thanks for your response.
However, that development build exhibits exactly the same behaviour on my PC.

BTW, in my opening post I forgot to mention that I also ran the debug.exe in GDB of the RT 5.2 release version to get the stack backtrace. But at the “set logging on” command permission was denied. So I skipped that and proceeded with the remaining commands only to find that the log.txt file had not been generated when I closed the GDB.

In all other respects the latest RT version is flawless.