Problem with tags in Darktable 3.0.0

I have a problem when I tried adding an existing tag (created in previous version of DT) to a new image imported after I upgraded to 3.0.0 - this specific tag ‘architecture’ would not attach to the image although I could attach / detach other tags to the image.

To try and resolve the issue I selected all images with the tag ‘architecture’, then created a new temporary tag ‘aka’ and attached it to all the same images. I then detached the original tag 'architecture from all the images.

As expected, if I try and create a collection using the tag ‘architecture’ this is not possible as there are no matching images, however, the tag ‘architecture’ still appears in the tag list in the right hand side panel with the suffix (1) - i.i ‘architecture (1)’ - which I think means that there is a still an attached image somewhere / somehow.

So, I can’t delete the tag ‘architecture’ - there is no Delete function now. Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue? Or should I report it as a bug?

Cheers

There are several issues in your description.
About the first I cannot say. Strange because as you say other attachment works. Something seems to be messed up there. How do you proceed ?

If you don’t see the entry delete in tag list it’s probably because you are on the suggestion list. You should switch to list or tree view (play with bottom right buttons to select the desired view).

However I’ve fixed recently an issue about renaming/deleting tags. In that case the change was not saved in the db after a dt restart (PR #4112).
So it’s probably not a good idea to rename or delete a tag with your current version.

OK, many thanks for the advice - I’ll wait until the next release and see if the issue is fixed then. In the meantime I can manage OK with my workaround.