Processing a nightscape in Siril

The flatpak package is probably the best idea: Flathub—An app store and build service for Linux

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I’ll have a try.

While I here, maybe you can also help me quickly with this libraw thing (I know it’s a bit offtopic…).
Given this fact of my libraw being so old, my darktable (which is my favorite raw developer, and I have it installed through OBS, I used to have PPA) is not able to read files from my X100V. That’s actually the reason why I started using RawTherapee a well.
Do you know what would be a good way to upgrade libraw on Ubuntu 18.04? I couldn’t thus far easily find a PPA or so (I admit I did not).

I would say by compiling it :).

upgrade to a newer Ubuntu version.

1 Like

darktable does not use libraw, it uses rawspeed. For camera support, please see if there are samples from your x100v at https://raw.pixls.us and if there aren’t samples, please submit them.

Thanks, I can upload of course.
However, I’ve seen there’s is one uncompressed raw in the repo already. Does it make sense to submit more? I can provide as many as useful.

We want all crop sizes, all raw bit depths, compressed and uncompressed. I’m not sure what the X100V has, but it probably has more than one raw type.

1 Like

just fyi, I faced the same issue of raf files. Solved by installing flatpak version

2 Likes

it looks like sometimes the default star registration is set to “One star registration”, instead of “Global star alignment”

I can confirm this on lasted siril with windows10
please update the tutorial keep it at the good level it is!

Just change it.

Just change it.

I am not sure if you are saying me to change it or, since you are a dev of siril you changed the default options in the software

1 case: It is what I did but the article writer may be interested to update his article to keep it correct and up to date.

2 case: the software shouldn’t adapt to an article, the article should be accurate and write which options to use not “use the default”

Really the article is great, I loved to follow it step by step but is normal that siril is evolving and so it sometimes needs some cleaning

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand the issue. I’ve read the article a long time ago btw. But Siril default registration (at first start I mean) has always been the one star registration algorithm. Once you change it, it saves it in config file.
So I really don’t understand the

it looks like sometimes the default star registration is set to “One star registration”, instead of “Global star alignment”

and

I can confirm this on lasted siril with windows10

as the behavior never changed on this side.

lock, we are talking about changing the article text do not worry :slight_smile:

the article, in a very small step, is not clear it is not about siril

1 Like

My bad, my memories about the article are old. I should have say nothing :).

Hi, I didn’t know how to change the text (there’s no “edit” button to make a quick change). I made a pull request on the github page for the website, I hope it’s the right way to update the article.
Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

The change should be picked up by the forum once pixls.us is deployed.

1 Like

thanks to you @sguyader and to @lock042 and all the other dev who made this accessible to everyone :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

I just discovered Siril two days ago, this morning this Tutorial. It cleared up many of my questions and has given me a starting workflow. (bonus, the examples were Fuji RAF files so my question regarding supporting RAF was demonstrably answered).

Many thanks to those involved in writing and testing this tutorial. The only problems I had were of my own making - failure to follow instructions as written.

2 Likes

New versions of Siril have been released and it probably changed some things that make my tutorial and screenshots outdated.
Unfortunately I don’t have time to update the tutorial these days.

Hi Sebastien. Despite the new release, other than not reading clearly (my issue) I had no problems in following along with the tutorial.

2 Likes