Processing all the cr2s inside of subfolders

Hello,

I have tens of thousands of cr2s that I want to convert into tiffs, all with a pp3 preset I’ve made.
I also want them all to be stored in separate folders according to the folder where they came from.

The problem I have now is that I have to add them to the queue folder by folder, which is truly annoying.

Anyone knows how to do this in a smarter way, perhaps command line?

Best!

The queue is a simple csv file queue.csv with | as column seperator. You could write a script to generate this file

Here is an example with 2 images in queue

input image full path|param file full path|output image full path|file format|jpeg quality|jpeg subsampling|png bit depth|png compression|tiff bit depth|tiff is float|uncompressed tiff|save output params|force format options|fast export|
H:\test_images\amsterdam.pef|C:\Users\Ingo Weyrich\AppData\Local\RawTherapee/batch/amsterdam.pef_20190127190143_278.pp3||jpg|90|2|8|8|0|1|1|0|0|
H:\test_images\blue_horse.nef|C:\Users\Ingo Weyrich\AppData\Local\RawTherapee/batch/blue_horse.nef_20190127190145_462.pp3||jpg|90|2|8|8|0|1|1|0|0|

I never tested a queue with ten thousands of files, so it may happen that rt starts very slowly with such a queue file.

Another way would be to write a script which calls rawtherapee-cli for every file in every folder.

1 Like

@threshold If you have the GNU findutils at hand, I’d definitely go the second way that @heckflosse proposed and use something like find -iname '*.cr2' -exec rawtherapee-cli -o /absolute/output/path -p profile.pp3 [...] -c "{}" \;

HTH,
Flössie

1 Like