Progress on LCD in Summer 2021 version

Does the progress on an LCD work in reality in the Summer 2021 version. This is a feature I have wanted all along and I even bought the tomodachi board. I setup a new SD card today and installed the latest version of the script to ensure no issues. The LCD is the same always, just says working and no progress.

I re-implemented the progress bar on September 10 (https://github.com/dmpop/little-backup-box/commit/93dcb57ca9492e35172f09e93b4e1e3a44cd96c3). It works in the source and iOS backup modes. Due to gPhoto2 limitations, the progress bar is not available in the camera backup mode.

Kind regards,
Dmitri

No I realized the issue. I assumed Source backup worked the same as internal backup, which I guess now no longer exists. For me this is only useful if I can do an internal backup to the SD card or possible an NVME drive with a Pi 4 CM. If I need to hang two USB drives off the thing then it is easier just to use a laptop or ipad for backups. Anyways I think this is probably it for me with fooling with the Little Backup Box, its too limited to be useful for me, and transfer speeds are too slow with even a Pi4 (not the scripts fault).

If it’s any consolation, I plan to re-implement the internal backup mode too. I just need to figure out the best way to do that and find time to do the coding. Alas, I can’t do anything about the transfer speeds.

Kind regards,
Dmitri

It is possible to use an NVME drive as your back up location if you have a one of the boards listed below. I have this setup and it works great. I have a 1TB NVME drive on the board and the little USB adapter connects to a USB3.0 port and it shows up as a drive. I just edited the config to point to the location of the NVME and it works.

1 Like

With the release of the Zero 2W I am back to really wanting internal backup target along with progress on the LCD. This would make an ideal ultra portable backup device. (I don’t really care how slow it is, as long as I can see there is progress)

I have one for testing as soon as I can connect the LCD to it.