Hello Dmitri and community
For what its worth would you consider that rather than have this project in permanent beta that the non-Oled support Little Backup Box and the Oled supported (Little Backup Box V2 ??) version be considered as two separate projects.
This way the non-Oled version could be left fairly stable with bug fixes and minor updates as required for those that don’t want to head down the display supported option.
Some ideas for improvements of the display supported version I personally desire include;
- More informative instruction screens
- If people want a graphic display of progress rather than Copying file xx of xxx
then the Oled support would probably need to change to another oled library (Adafruit or similar)
- Improved error handling / checking for sufficient space on the destination storage.
- The non display version could have LED stoplights added for status indication - although personally if I was going to do this I would just go the whole way and add a display but others may feel differently.
- Eventually moving the I2C interface onto GPIO pins so that a single push switch can be used to wake-up, shutdown or reboot the pi using scruss’s shutdown/reboot script.
Thanks for considering my thoughts, looking forward to any discussions. Trevor