Project Exporting Issue

Hello, I was following a Radial Wipe Natron tutorial via this YouTube site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgddAAqPYE

However I did everything as told but the issue I am having is exporting my project to a .mp4 video even though I followed this tutorial right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ytj1S7_vw

All of a sudden my video screen shows nothing. This is what it looks like for now:

This is what I’ve done so far:

Radial_Wipe.ntp (378.9 KB)

How can I fix this in order to get it to look like what I’ve done in Natron? This is my first time doing tutorials like this and I currently have 2.4.0 installed in my computer.

I’m able to export from your project.

But the result is not good, if you want to export video from Natron I recommend using ProRes (MOV).

Radial_Wipe.mov.zip (4.1 MB)
Radial_Wipe2.mov.zip (8.2 MB)

Do you mean ProRes for Windows? Because that’s my current operating system.

Export image sequences instead of movie containers, this saves you a lot of trouble and time.

How would I do those things in Natron? :thinking:

Also, the tutorial I was watching on YouTube was from three years ago and these things tend to be different sometimes.

png_sequence

at the end of your pipeline, select the last node, hit “w” on your keyboard, (plugin a write node),
in the properties panel enter a filename like: “#####”.png
the hashtags define how big the number of image sequence is
and hit render…

2 Likes

View the result with djv:

open_with_djv

1 Like

Exporting PNG sequences solves nothing.

@Natronator you have to be a bit more specific in your critics.

This project renders fine for me when I render the writer included in the project, or the output of the project, either as mp4 (attached), or as PNGs. For some reason (which I will dig into) I had to select H264 codec (from openh264) rather than avc1 (from libx264), or pixls.us wouldn’t recognize it.

So the proposed solution of exporting as PNG sequence is irrelevant, as you mentioned it worked fine as mp4. By the way, I am not the original poster of this threat, I just chimed in cause I am facing a similar problem that I tried to solve by exporting as PNG sequence but no avail,
I posted a thread about my issue with an ntp file but nobody replied to it yet, Thanks.

OK but no need to be rude or do multiple posts. We are all doing this in our spare time. You may have more chances to get quick help on the discord channel (I never used it)

I admit, that was totally inappropriate of my part and I am deeply sorry.