Purple image from Canon PowerShot S100 CR2

Hi, I have installed current darktable version (4.6.1) trying to develop images from Canon PowerShot S100, but all images results purple output. What is wrong and what can I do? Camera has declared support for raw processing. Processing pipeline is in program default, image is first time opened. All images from this camera has similar result. See here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Thank you for advice.

Hi. I don’t know what the problem is but I have processed pics in Darktable from an S100 without any problems, JFYI.

Hm, good to know. I tried to remove all xmp sidecar files (there was darktable and lightroom ones), restart darktable, but no difference…

It might be worth mentioning what OS you are on. Could you share one image that we could try and open?

1 Like

Do you have issues with files from other cameras? And try disabling OpenCL in the settings.

Maybe share an image and old xmp. It might be possible that dt tried to read the old xmp and process the image from it. If you want to start from scratch, you will need to remove the image from dt and then delete the xmp, otherwise the data stays in the database.

Ok, I have tested all your hints, but without success. I am working on windows, see bellow. Attached image was imported without xmp, attached file was generated by darktable. Attached screen is available config of darktable in default configuration. I have this issue only with this camera. Images from other cameras are OK (Canon EOS 40D, Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II, mobile’s raws)

Windows
version:

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎09.‎02.‎2023
OS build 22631.3296
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22687.1000.0

IMG_0203.CR2 (11.5 MB)
IMG_0203.CR2.xmp (6.3 KB)

I also have a Canon Powershot S100.
And yes, something has changed in DT 4.6.1 because in previous versions it worked perfectly. I don’t know if it has something to do with LibRaw, rawspeed, exiv2…
The culprit module is “raw black / white point”.
You have to configure it like this
0 Raw Black White Points

And then make a preset like this.

2 Likes

Great, it works amazingly. :slight_smile: Thank you for advice. What I need to backup to keep this settings, pls?

Edit: Ok, I have exported presets in darktable preferences. :+1:

It’s probably this RawSpeed change for 4.6 to black and white point being read from the actual raw file for Canons instead of manually hard-coded values in cameras.xml. I guess some older models possibly supply inaccurate metadata…

You could ask for the values for this specific model to be restored possibly…

Yes, please, when you can.
This camera is the one I almost always carry in my jeans pocket. It’s small and takes very good quality raws. And I’m still going to use it for a long time.
Thank you.

(DeepL)

Useful to know for when I use it again. Bookmarked. Thanks!

1 Like

Arturo:

I think you should start an Issue in RawSpeed GitHub. Issues · darktable-org/rawspeed · GitHub

Done.

2 Likes

Ya without that manual fix you get this…

1 Like