[Question]Why very high white balance temperature for some cameras?

Starting from the camera setting for white balance, RT gives some files very high temps, 40000K or 50000K. The same file opened in other raw developers might come out at 8000K. Casual observation suggests this happens when the sky is blown, for example. A change from Camera WB to Auto will sometimes bring the temp to a reasonable value.

Why is RT so different with some cameras? I’ve seen this on Sony and on Leica SL. Very high temps are not meaningful to me and therefore difficult to adjust to taste.

Do you have a sample raw file where this happens you can share with us? (You can just drag/drop it in the post editor).

hi,
my guess is that RT lacks the proper input profile/colour matrix. but as @patdavid suggested, please share a raw so that my hypothesis can be checked

40 thousand K? 50 thousand K? Umm, seems to me that there is a problem with a decimal somewhere since these are points beyond visible light.

See Why very high white balance temperature for some cameras?

Are they? According to Color temperature - Wikipedia , values up to infinity are visible.