[Questions] Can you "undo" what a camera profile is doing?

Hello everyone!

First of all please accept my apologies if what I’m about to ask sounds silly or impossible to do, I’m pretty much a complete noob in the great art of color profiles so please go easy on me :sweat_smile:

Here’s what I’m trying to/ would like to achieve… basically I’d like to develop some custom looks for my camera (Lumix S5IIX) to shoot ready to share JPEGs.
The implementation of custom looks in the camera is actually very comprehensive because on top of the standard adjustments you can find in any other camera you can also load your own LUT in .cube format on top of them so the possibilities are basically endless. So far so good but the problem is that the built-in grain generator (which is also pretty nice) is not available in all the profiles the camera has but only in two (one colour and one monochrome) and these two profiles are very heavily stylised so they are not very good as a starting point to develop a look.

At this point there are only two choices:

1. Develop a look based on the standard of flat profiles but you don’t get to use the grain
  2. Develop a look based on the “L Classic Neo” profile which has a very distinct color and tone curve so that makes it quite challenging (but you get to use the grain)

I decompiled the Adobe .DCP profiles for the camera with DCPTool and I can indeed see substantial differences both in the LookTable and the ToneCurve sections but I’m afraid that is the end of my knowledge on this subject matter so I thought I’d ask to someone that knows a lot more than me :sweat_smile:

Basically what I’m trying to figure out is if there’s a way to create an adjustment that reverse what the stylised profile is doing based on the data in the DCP profiles so that I can put that as a first step in my color development process so it would look like the standard or flat profile?

Sorry again if what I’m asking is not feasible and thanks for the kind attention!