Quick question, on the Editor screen...

On the Color tab (v5.8) there’s a place to set working and output profiles, defaulting to ProPhoto and RTv4_sRGB. In Preferences, there’s a place to set the monitor profile (I’ve chosen mine).

So, what profile is the button at the bottom of the Editor screen controlling (between the progress bar and rendering intent selector)? Most of the widgets have fairly descriptive popups but this one just mirrors the current value. Is it referring to the embedded JPG in the raw file? Or something else?

My apologies if I’ve missed it on Rawpedia. There’s lots of very detailed reference material there, but not quite as much “let’s start at the beginning and go in order to the end” material. :slight_smile: But I’m reading it!

10+ years ago I shot a bit, but got away from it and am coming back now. I’m not a beginner but there are some gaps to say the least. I want to create a solid basic RT workflow and need to veirfy I’m understanding.

Thanks in advance.

In Preferences you set the default monitor profile for all images, but you may want to check a different profile in a particular image or in a particular editing session, so that dropdown list gives you the opportunity to change the display profile without changing the Preferences.

Just for one session (until you close the application). When you open again RT, you go back to the Preferences setting.

So it’s the monitor / display profile. I must’ve overlooked that somewhere.

Thanks!

2 Likes