Rapid Photo Downloader 0.9.20 is released

my test package is here home:darix:branches:graphics/rapid-photo-downloader

@asn more toys! :smiley:

Is that a repository or a package? Could you please tell me how to install the package from the command line? Thanks.

$ zypper ar obs://home:darix:branches:graphics home:darix:branches:graphics
$ zypper in --from home:darix:branches:graphics rapid-photo-downloader

The extras package is definitely required. Without it get:

** (python3:3235): WARNING **: 18:07:24.545: Failed to load shared library 'libunity.so.9' referenced by the typelib: libunity.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR    An unhandled exception occurred
ERROR    Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/raphodo/rapid.py", line 902, in initStage4
    desktop_launcher = Unity.LauncherEntry.get_for_desktop_id(launcher)
gi.repository.GLib.GError: g-invoke-error-quark: Could not locate unity_launcher_entry_get_for_desktop_id: (null) (1)

Adding it back to the package

Thanks. It starts now. I have no idea why it segfaults on exit, however. Those are above my skill level.

Also no idea which dependency is outputting to the command line “RW2 IMAGE” or “ORF IMAGE” etc. Don’t know if it’s exiv2 or ExifTool or something else. It’s not my code, as best as I can tell!

I’m trying to install on Debian 10 using the install.py script, and the installation fails with
“The following package is not known on your system: girl.2-unity-5.0”

This isn’t in the Debian repos. I think it’s an Ubuntu package. Any suggestions?

the openSUSE package is now in the graphics project and on its way to tumbleweed and 15.2

Sorry about that. Seems Debian does not package anything from libunity and has not done so for years, if ever.

Which is most unfortunate because libunity provides features that are independent of unity that desktops like KDE can use.

Delete the current install script, and do this to get an updated install script. Let me know if it works for you (it should):

wget https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dlynch3/rapid/zeromq_pyqt/download/head:/install.sh-20160314191008-iy73j6kjbhwpk0t9-1/install.py

JFYI: we figured out why our unity typelib package had missing requires. (dee/dbusmenu typelib, libunity) and now it seems you dont need UnityExtra. we will test again when we have updated packages for libdbusmenu and libunity (and its typelibs)

Cool thanks!

Worked perfectly! Many thanks for your speedy help!

mac

1 Like

Program has worked without problems for months, but I had two problems today.

First one is that it wants to re-index the timeline, and thinks none of the photo’s on my SD card have been loaded before. This was before I updated to 0.9.20, but the latest version also wants to do this.

Second one: the 0.9.20 version has a problem with fonts on font-sizes. the menus in the bottom and right side are not fully shown. (it also affects the settings dialog).

-peter

Please be a LOT more specific. Are you downloading from a camera or an SD card reader? What do you mean, exactly, by “have been loaded before”? Do you mean have had thumbnails generated, or do you mean you’ve downloaded them before and the program is not picking that fact up, or something else?

Screenshot illustrating the problem, thanks. Also, attach the log files. In which case, it’s better to open a proper bug report, as discussed here: Rapid Photo Downloader: Help

I put the SD card from the camera in my computer. This starts up RPD. Normally it shows the photo’s on the card, and knows which photo’s are new since the last download. I can then proceed to download just the new images from the card to the computer. It now tells me the timeline is corrupt, and I let it generate a new one, as it suggested. This took a while, and when it was ready RPD told all 2400 images on the card were new (in reality, only about 60).

Screenshot attached (this one is probably an OS problem…). I went to bugs.launchpad, but it wanted me to create an account, and I didn’t want to do that.

In that case, I need to say thanks for letting me know — but I won’t be taking this any further.

If you want problems with Rapid Photo Downloader fixed, and I request additional information like log files, then you’ll need to open a bug report, or multiple reports in case of multiple problems. That means opening an account on launchpad if you don’t already have one.

I understand, I will open an account :slight_smile:

Hello
With Archlinux, and Python 3.8 RPD don’t work :
$ rapid-photo-downloader
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/rapid-photo-downloader”, line 6, in
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3259, in
def _initialize_master_working_set():
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3242, in _call_aside
f(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3271, in _initialize_master_working_set
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 584, in _build_master
ws.require(requires)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 901, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 787, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The ‘babel’ distribution was not found and is required by rapid-photo-downloader

for now this is not a problem due to the containment ! no picture !

See:

updated a few hours ago by Archlinux.
works fine again. Thank you.