Rapid Photo Downloader 0.9.4 is released

This release is identical to 0.9.4b1. The changes in that release are:

• Workaround bug in iOS devices that create on-the-fly subfolders from which
    to download that vary each time the device is initialized.

• Add progress bars and badge counts when running under Ubuntu 17.10’s Dash
    to Dock extension.

• Don’t crash when locale is not correctly set.

• Updated Dutch, French and German translations.

2 Likes

Hello,

I do really appreciate RPD. I updated ubuntu to 17.10, but RPD does not work anymore. I uninstalled it and try to reinstall, now I get the following error in the process :

Collecting sortedcontainers (from -r /tmp/tmpduyfchjc (line 19))
Using cached sortedcontainers-1.5.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting requests (from -r /tmp/tmpduyfchjc (line 20))
Using cached requests-2.18.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting PyQt5 (from -r /tmp/tmpduyfchjc (line 21))
Received error code 2
Failed to install application requirements: exiting

Do somzbody have any idea of what could go wrong and the way I can succeed the installation?

Thanks

hi @mimoun, you can try running the install.py script again. Perhaps there was a temporary glitch with the online python package index, or a network problem between you and the index, or something else of a similarly minor nature. Let us know if it still doesn’t work.

Hi, thank you for your answer. I try to redownload install.py, and I still have the same error. So I try the installation process with a previous version of the install.py I had. it was a success. Perhaps it’s an issue of the actual archive on the website?

Thanks anyway

@mimoun it sounds like you’re having intermittent connection issues to launchpad or Pypi. The install.py script does change for sensible reasons, so if you use an older version, you’ll miss out on those changes. Since you’re on Ubuntu 17.10, which uses Python 3.6, be sure to update pyzmq to version 16.0.2 or newer:
python3 -m pip install -U --user pyzmq