Raw Therapee 5.8: Spot removal - does not appear anywhere, and there is no search option

Tried to find the ‘spot removal’ tool on my 5.8 version of Raw Therapee (x64 windows version).
I cannot find it.
Tried to install it without removing the existing installation, but no dice.
-Next step is (after copying the profiles I made) - to uninstall and try an “clean” install.

-Anyone have this problem? -Any existing workaround that might save me from implementing such a drastic measure?

Should be at the top of the Details tab. I’m on Win x64 too, using the latest nightly build.

grafik

Are you using the official release 5.8? If so, would you want to try a current nightly build, if it’s really missing?

How did you learn there was a spot removal tool?

@apostel338 Is correct, you should download a nightly build and run that instead.

I think they got confused by the manual. Which I can understand.

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Spot_Removal

Maybe something to be indicated as part of the planned release post, that the manual is ahead of the stable release?

2 Likes

Thanks apostel338,
I might try out the nightly build, though I have the std one from the site.
What I’m saying is that if you check the tab you referred to, in my install, it completely doesn’t appear. Not saying I don’t know how to use it, I’m saying I really don’t have the option to at all…

I have this page marked in my browser.
I just don’t have it appearing in my software.
Tried ART (another raw therapee - fork) - it appears there, but does not give the controls to be applicable (something does not work in ART, and does not appear in the STD version).
It might be that removing and re-installing “clean” is the only way to go.

Yes, this version is 2.5 years old and is missing some features that have been developed since then. The problem with no release for this long time is an actively discussed case here.

You mean that the 5.8 is 2 years old?
It appears in the site as the latest…

Yes, it is the latest official release, but old and missing features that are already developed and available in the nightly build, and that are also shown in the manual. The devs know that this is disadvantageous. They are about to solve this, there is a long thread about it.

And this particularly.