Raw will not open from FUJI X-T5

Hi guys and girls

I am panicking here.
I’ve been using Darktable for a good year now and never had major problems. I am happy I found it, because Adobe was getting super expensive for me.
The problem as of tonight:
Just got my FUJI X-T5 and shot something today and wanted to edit my files as I always do, BUT Darktable won’t have it. I thought it is because I do not have the latest version. I downloaded the 4.2 version. The RAWS first appeared as normal, but when I wanted to edit the photo went into a white square and it won’t reappeer.
What to do?

Thanks.

PS: i am not so good with program language, so please do not send me code solutions…

Thanks again,

Laut by ilina

Welcome!

Lossy compression is unfortunately not yet supported with Fujifilm cameras, as the dt 4.2.0 release notes clearly state.

Thx kmilos, they are indeed lossy compressed. Would the non compressed version work? But the files will be bigger I guess.
Ok, for this one I will just work with the JPEG’s, thankfully I have those.

Thank you.
FOR THE DARKTABLE: please fix this one! Almost everyone uses the lossy compressed.

Thanks

Yes, lossless compressed and uncompressed both work.

I highly doubt this.

1 Like

@Laut

Almost everyone uses the lossy compressed.

No, we do not :slight_smile:

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

What are your settings for the RAW images then?

Raw/Uncompressed

OK, thx

Lossless Compressed RAF’s should also work fine.

Hi hatsnp
I checked the camera and it was lossless, so lossless does not work.
Now I set it to no compression.

Thx.

1 Like

I believe a work around for this kind of issue can be to convert the problematic files to DNG using the free Adobe DNG Converter, then import to dt. Obviously not an ideal workflow, and I don’t know that it works in this particular case, but can be useful.
Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Please check again. No problem here w/ dt 4.2 and a lossless compressed X-T5 sample from raw.pixls.us:

Alright! I will.

Hi Peter
Is there another version? What is a github? I downloaded the 4.2…

Hi Steven
Thank you so much.
This is a slight detour, but I will keep it mind.

Thx.

I can also vouch for the Fujifilm X-T5 lossless compressed RAF files working in darktable 4.2 and later. I added in the X-T5 noise profiles and White Balance presets to the codebase and all I shoot is lossless compressed .raf files.

1 Like

Thx

Unless we have to. I understand some Sony ARW are lossy (e.g. a6400).

Am I the only one who sees a bug when opening a raw file made with this combo?
Fuji X-T5 + Fujinon 70-300

When I open those raws there is a broad black band on the left and the right of the picture. I usually crop it out but there seems to be a bug. Seen in darktable 4.2.1 and also latest version.
Even in fresh installations in a VM , picture stack removed and so on. Other lenses are NOT affected.
Working and faulty examples here : link

1 Like