RawTherapee 5.1 released

We have just released RawTherapee 5.1!

http://rawtherapee.com/blog/rawtherapee-5.1-released

Builds are available from our Downloads page for Windows and macOS, or from a Linux package manager near you. Read the article for news and usage tips.

14 Likes

:thumbsup:

Congratulations to the team! This is great news!
Thank you for such a great project!

New Features from the announcement:

• Pentax Pixel Shift support, to automatically combine sub-images from a Pentax Pixel Shift raw file into one high quality image, with support for automatic motion detection and masking.
  • Support for processing any sub-image from raw formats which support multiple images. Currently up to 4 sub-images supported.
  • Dynamic Profile Creator to automatically generate per-image custom processing profiles by merging existing processing profiles based on image metadata (Exif).
  • New command-line executable “rawtherapee-cli(.exe)” to reduce startup time for command-line operations.
  • HaldCLUT paths are now relative to the HaldCLUT folder as set in Preferences. This enables you to share PP3 files easier.
  • Auto White Balance now has a Temperature Bias, letting you make the automatic temperature warmer or cooler.
  • LCP correction works for raw and non-raw files.
  • LCP distortion correction support for fisheye lenses.
  • Certain tools are now hidden or disabled if the loaded image does not support them, e.g. the tools in the Raw tab are disabled when working with a non-raw file.
  • Improved fit-to-window zoom functionality of the main preview in the Editor tab.
  • New Fast Export option to downscale the image before processing, to increase speed.
  • Custom crop ratio.
  • Automatic monitor profile detection also in Linux.
  • Lens information support added for Panasonic cameras.
  • Support for lossy DNG files.
  • Support for compressed Fujifilm Bayer raw files.
  • Support for compressed X-Trans raw files.
  • Support for Sigma sd Quattro DNG raw files.
  • Added DCP profiles for accurate color for:
    • FUJIFILM X100S
    • LG Mobile LG-H815 (LG G4)
    • NIKON D300
    • NIKON D300
    • NIKON D5600
    • NIKON D80
    • NIKON D810
    • OLYMPUS E-M1MarkII
    • Panasonic DMC-GX85
7 Likes

Kudos and many thanks for all the hard work.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t open raw images in RawTherapee version 5.1

Windows 64 stable release RawTherapee_5.1_WinVista_64.zip uploaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8

Windows 32 stable release RawTherapee_5.1_WinVista_32.zip uploaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPOEZmVlBzLWlnSWc

Version: 5.1
Branch: 5.1
Commit: f23d70fd
Commit date: 2017-05-15
Compiler: gcc 6.3.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.22.0
Build type: release
Build flags:  -m64 -mwin32 -mthreads  -Werror=unused-label -Werror=unknown-pragmas -Wno-aggressive-loop-optimizations -std=c++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -Wall -Wno-unused-result -Wno-deprecated-declarations -mwindows -DNDEBUG -msse2 -O3
Link flags: -m64 -mthreads  -static-libgcc   -mtune=generic -mwindows -s -O3
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

gtk+ 3.22.14-1

3 Likes

Thank you @gaaned92

It seems that GTK+ 3.18 leads to RT freezing for some users, so I would like to replace the 5.1 installer on our website with this 3.22 one. Could someone confirm that this Windows 64 build installs and works fine?

Installed just fine. Haven’t tested the program yet.
The 3.22 version also allows for more themes.

Great job this soft, but local adjustments (brushes, masks) are still missing.

I also downloaded the 3.22 version. I noticed it seems to open quite a bit faster on my W 10 computer.
Also just wanted to say thanks to all the developers that make this software awesome, thanks!

The Gtk 3.22 builds being well supported now, I’m updating my MSYS2 installation, dropping Gtk 3.18.

The build on our website now uses GTK+ 3.22, build from @gaaned92 (repackaged).

2 Likes

I use rawtherapee for my personal photo collector All my RawTherapee work!!. The 5.1 crashes around every fifteen minutes. It runs on LinuxMint 18.1. This is my HardInfo output:

-Computer-
Processor		: 8x AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor
Memory		: 16409MB (1863MB used)
Operating System		: Linux Mint 18 Sarah
User Name		: jeyjey (jeyjey)
Date/Time		: mer 24 mag 2017 15:29:53 CEST
-Display-
Resolution		: 1920x1200 pixels
OpenGL Renderer		: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAICOS (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.8.0)
X11 Vendor		: The X.Org Foundation
-Multimedia-
Audio Adapter		: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
Audio Adapter		: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
-Input Devices-
 Power Button
 Power Button
 AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
 ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse
 HDA ATI HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm		: 3=
 HDA ATI SB Front Mic
 HDA ATI SB Rear Mic
 HDA ATI SB Line
 HDA ATI SB Line Out Front
 HDA ATI SB Line Out Surround
 HDA ATI SB Line Out CLFE
 HDA ATI SB Line Out Side
 HDA ATI SB Front Headphone
-Printers (CUPS)-
Samsung-M267x-287x-Series		: <i>Default</i>
-SCSI Disks-
ATA STM3320418AS
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90
Generic Storage Device
Generic STORAGE DEVICE
1 Like

We need more informations. Please have a look: How to write useful bug reports - RawPedia

For your information, RawTherapee 5.1 will be available in the repositories of Mageia 6 that will be released this month. I tried it in Mageia 6 RC and it works flawlessly.

1 Like

@lebarhon could you let me know of the installation steps for RT5.1 once it’s available in Mageia? I’ll add that info to our Downloads page if necessary.

Mageia has its own software manager called rpmdrake. The help to use it is there for Mageia 6 :
http://docteam.mageia.nl/en/MCC/content/rpmdrake.html

Just enter the first letters of RawTherapee in the search box and and hit Enter :

(screenshot of the French version)

Anyone wanting more information can ask me.