Rawtherapee 5.4 doesn't recognize images

I already asked this in r/photography but they couldn’t help me.
From one day to the other my RawTherapee (4.8 I think) stopped recognizing images. I could browse all folders just fine but they were all empty upon opening. First thing I did was deleting the old version and upgrading to 5.4 but the problem coninued occuring, even after deleting the “options” file when Rt was closed. Except for this I never messed with any files in the Rt-folder.
My only idea is that not Rawtherapee is broken but the last windows update and that it somehow managed to mess up Rt. I’m on Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.345

The last windows update contained a bug that deleted user files. Are you sure the files are still there? Are you sure the file types in the preferences are set to the correct file types?

It did what? Can you elaborate?

Ah, ok. I thought the last RT Windows update would doing wrong…

Do you mean files like in my pictures? Yes thank god they’re still here, can’t view/open them with RawTherapee though. I’m not sure what window you are talking about but I have a window saying “show file types” and it’s blank.

Do I have to add them (.jpg / .cr2) manually?

Edit: I just tried putting in some extensions (.cr2 / .jpg) manually and restarted RT but still nothing

The file type list should be prepopulated, but I’ll defer to the experts as to what to do here.

It was blank since I’d first installed 5.4 so I assume it’s a problem with my computer. If I happen to find a solution I’ll update this post.