RawTherapee 5.4 released!

@gaaned92 Sorry, I really thought you were looking for the icons :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Thanks !

:confetti_ball:

Strange color shift while black and white conversion you can see here:

@viv please upload a raw file + PP3 + screenshot with 5.3 and 5.4. You can host the files on https://filebin.net/
Preferably on GitHub, though here is ok if you don’t want a GitHub account.

Bug confirmed

https://filebin.net/lt4o0q5klxbf5rsy

The ps icons are visible in my linux builds so I guess it’s a windows thing. Will have another look tomorrow at work if i find the time to reinstall etc.

You are welcome Ingo, You made me laugh :rofl:

I see the PS and HDR icons with 5.4.

2 Likes

Though on the plus side, it’s good that the blue gamma slider is now having some effect with Prophoto working space :slight_smile:

Turn the LAB tool on and the cast is gone!

Hmmm. The cast is gone when I turn LAB on. Why ??

The bug was in the interaction between Lab and the B&W tool’s gamma settings.

Dont know. Just noticed that. Test for yourself.

Bisected to added on/off switch for L*a*b* adjustments · Beep6581/RawTherapee@e1bf4b0 · GitHub.

Preliminary fix:

diff --git a/rtengine/improcfun.cc b/rtengine/improcfun.cc
index a55624218..983f96499 100644
--- a/rtengine/improcfun.cc
+++ b/rtengine/improcfun.cc
@@ -5407,7 +5407,7 @@ void ImProcFunctions::luminanceCurve (LabImage* lold, LabImage* lnew, LUTf & cur

void ImProcFunctions::chromiLuminanceCurve (PipetteBuffer *pipetteBuffer, int pW, LabImage* lold, LabImage* lnew, LUTf & acurve, LUTf & bcurve, LUTf & satcurve, LUTf & lhskcurve, LUTf & clcurve, LUTf & curve, bool utili, bool autili, bool butili, bool ccutili, bool cclutili, bool clcutili, LUTu &histCCurve, LUTu &histLCurve)
 {
-    if (!params->labCurve.enabled) {
+    if (!params->labCurve.enabled && !params->blackwhite.enabled) {
         return;
     }

HTH,
Flössie

Hello,

first of all I would like to thank all those who worked on the new release! Great stuff.

There is a small problem with the features “open with RT” and “browse with RT” for the right mouse button. They only work for the administrator (Win10 64bit), who did the installation. They cannot be found for a standard user, which I normally are, since I do not work with administrator privileges all the time for security reasons.

Best wishes

Hermann-Josef

All registry keys are installed for the “current” user:

Maybe HKLM would be better? Ping @gaaned92 @sguyader

@floessie I’m afrait this won’t work properly, e.g. what happens if you have the lab tool turned off but a non-linear L curve set?

Alberto, that’s why I wrote “preliminary”, as there are other independent params inside this function

I’m sure you knew that, but if you write “fix” people might misunderstand :slight_smile:
Anyway, I’m working on it
 and thanks for putting me on the right track! :+1:

1 Like