Rawtherapee 5 released, congrats to the team!

Hi and congrats to everyone for the 5.0 release.

I downloaded the gtk2 and gtk3 builds for OS X and it appears there is a dependency that can’t be resolved. Here’s the key info from the crash report:

Dyld Error Message:
   Library not loaded: /tmp/*/libjpeg.9.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/ Installed/*/RawTherapee-gtk3.app/Contents/Resources/bin/rawtherapee
Reason: image not found

For what it’s worth I’m on macOs Sierra:
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.3 (16D32)

Is this dependency expected?

Thanks again–
PP

For what it’s worth, it looks like libjpeg.9.dylib is in the gtk3 application…so perhaps the dylib is getting called from the wrong path?

I opened the app package and searched for libjpeg…and here it is:
RawTherapee-gtk3.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/libjpeg.9.dylib

Any suggestions?

thx
PP

Found the issue.

My copy of RawTherapee is located in a path that has spaces in it’s name…like so:
/Applications/Installed Apps/

When launching the app it appears there is a cat called and the application path isn’t escaped properly. Here is a log showing this–see the bolded parts:

Executing RawTherapee 5.0.5.0-gtk3 on
DATE: 2017-01-29
TIME: 11:26:32
Dir is /Applications/ Installed/Digital Camera Tools/RawTherapee-gtk3.app/Contents/MacOS
Appdir is /Applications/ Installed/Digital Camera Tools/RawTherapee-gtk3.app
Current system language is en_US.UTF-8
ln: /tmp/libRT: No such file or directory
About this build …
cat: /Applications/: Is a directory
cat: Installed/Digital: No such file or directory
cat: Camera: No such file or directory
cat: Tools/RawTherapee-gtk3.app/Contents/Resources/bin/AboutThisBuild.txt: No such file or directory
CWD is /Applications/ Installed/Digital Camera Tools/RawTherapee-gtk3.app/Contents/MacOS
Strip out the argument added by the OS…
dyld: Library not loaded: /tmp/libRT/libjpeg.9.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/ Installed/Digital Camera Tools/RawTherapee-gtk3.app/Contents/Resources/bin/rawtherapee
Reason: image not found

Launching the application from another directory enables it to launch successfully.

Despite this, it would make sense to accommodate launching the application from directories that contain spaces in their names.

thx
PP

@ppmax thank you for this report.

@partha Do you have a repo with all the source files you use to create your macOS RT app?
This file is dangerous as it lacks quotes (and is the cause of @ppmax’s crash):
RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_5.0.0_gtk3.app/RawTherapee-gtk3.app/Contents/MacOS/rawtherapee
I can fix it if you point me to the source file.

Fix pushed for macOS scripts in RT repo, in case you use them:
Git version fix for macOS files. · Beep6581/RawTherapee@f1e253b · GitHub

@Morgan_Hardwood Happy to help…although it is I that should be thanking you and partha for all your work on this project.

I’m happy to test a new build and report back if desired.

thx
PP

@Morgan_Hardwood,

Yes, I realized it and will post a fixed app. I don’t have a publicly available repo as it’s all on my hard drive.

@ppmax, Please copy me on your posts so that I am aware of them. :slight_smile:

Also, can you download and retry? Please let me know if you have issues.

Thanks,
Partha

@partha, @Morgan_Hardwood

Thanks again for the quick fix. @partha, I’m downloading again right now from this link:
https://www.partha.com/temp/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_5.0.0_gtk3.app.zip

I’ll report back if there are any issues.

Thanks again gentlemen–
PP

@partha, @Morgan_Hardwood

Thanks again gentlemen–I was able to start RawTherapee 5.0-gtk3 from my apps path (which has spaces in the dirname). Much appreciated!

PS Have been using it all afternoon and it’s totally stable. The only thing I’ve found that is somewhat strange is that it doesnt seem to recognize CTL+click to access the context menu, and doesn’t seem to recognize the “right click” from my Wacom tablet pen.

FWIW I’m able to invoke the context menu by other means (two finger tap on trackpad).

Have a nice night and thanks again!
PP

@ppmax

Can you provide a screenshot with the TooWaBlue theme and the information which font, fontsize and DPI you are using, please?

The TooWaBlue theme supports higher DPI and can shrink or grow with the font size. I want to know if this works on a Mac.

Thanks

@TooWaBoo

Sure thing–I won’t be able to test it until tonight when I get home but I’m happy to do so.

FWIW I’m on a pre-Retina 27" iMac…so not a high-dpi machine :frowning:

Best
PP

You don’t have to worry about high DPI on a Mac. The OS takes care of it for you.

Thanks!!!

Been totally solid so far…

Loving the new features…especially the color pickers :wink:

Long live RT!!!

1 Like

I have updated my website www.partha.com and the RawTherapee downloads are now in the main download area.

I have updated the links in this thread. Please make sure to use the current link.

Thanks,
Partha

Thanks @Partha!

I’m running RawTherapee_Win64_5.0.0_gtk2-portable here without problems.

Hi, will there be RT5-downloads for MacOS avalable in the downloadsection on RT’s website, please ?

@Partha : still a problem with the arrows… Any solution here ? Not a big issue if you know where to click. On the other hand : selecting a folder to make it a favourite, is totally impossible.

Please find two builds of the Rawtherapee 5.0 release (Gtk2 and Gtk3.18) here: Filebin | 7sa0bhtg6wdxfav6

It’s the same original 5.0 release, I just changed the installer script so that it always asks for the location of the installation folder as well as the name of the Program group (to avoid overwriting previous installations).

Locate and open the folder “Adwaita” and delete every folder except the 16x16 folder.
In Windows you’ll find it in “…\RT\share\icons\Adwaita”. I don’t know if the folder structure on the Mac is identical.

Thanks for the solution. Solved !
For other MacOS-users. Locate Rawtherapee in the Applicationsfolder on your HD. Right-click : ‘Show Package Contents’ and search for ‘Adwaita’. Delete every folder there except 16x16 as Toowaboo described. Bang !
The arrows are back and adding a folder to your favourites works like a charm.

Downloaded GTK3 from Partha’s place : thanks all for your great job !

NOT FILE, only folders, except the 16x16 folder.

Thanks, Toowaboo, corrected my post.

No histogram showing up in the tone curve… ?