RawTherapee AppImage and path to Lensfun database files

I am unable to get RawTherapee (run from an AppImage) to recognize the contents of any Lensfun database XML files that I add. New lenses do not show up for manual selection in Profiled Lens Correction in RawTherapee but do show up and work in darktable (2.6.2).

OS: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
AppImage: RawTherapee-dev-5.7-152-g7f6d29d-20191025 or RawTherapee-releases-5.7-20190910

I’ve tried adding XML files to ~/.local/share/lensfun and /usr/share/lensfun/version_1. Anything new appears in darktable but not RawTherapee.

What path does Lensfun use to locate database files when it’s used as part of the RawTherapee AppImage? Do new database files have to be added to the AppImage to be recognized?

Thanks!

The lensfundb is inside the appimage.

You can either (1) decompress the appimage and add your file, or (2) point rt at a different lensfun database directory, as detailed here: Apply built-in lens correction for Nikon 24-70 F4 S

Thank you very much for the reply. It’s now working! I went with choice #2 for now. I changed the path in the RawTherapee options file to /usr/share/lensfun/version_1 and put my XML files there.

I need to do a little reading on how to create an appimage as that’s probably the right way to do this. I know about how to use --appimage-extract to extract an existing appimage’s contents but not the rest yet.

You may find success in extracting the appimage and running lensfun-update-db from the appimage.

The appimage is automatically generated from the source code, so you should be able to take the build script and run it locally, provided you have satisfied all the dependencies.